Any ideas why these leafs are turning yellow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Kdebi, Apr 19, 2020.

1. This is only on a few leafs out of a couple plants out of many in raised fabric beds.
    No till soil
    Coots mix

Plants are thriving but this yellowing had shown on a few leafs cant figure out what it is. 20200418_160333.jpg 20200418_160326.jpg 20200418_160319.jpg 20200418_160303.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I’m leaning towards a K deficiency, possibly P though. It would have to progress more for me to really say.

Here’s what I would do. I would check the soil pH just to make sure nothing funky is going on. Peel back the mulch and add 2” of compost. I would also topdress in some kelp. If the pH is below 7, I would scratch in some crab meal. I would water this in with a fish hydrolysate/kelp tea and keep a close eye out for the next week.
    RD

• Like Like x 3
  3. I think RD's spot on with his diagnosis. Here's a recipe I saved that might help do the trick. EWC + Kelp.

Slurry With Kelp:

1/4 cup of kelp meal

3 gallons of water

Aerate this for 24 - 36 hours and now you have a kelp meal tea.

Add 2 gallons of EWC and aerate that for another 24 - 36 hours.

Apply this at about 1.5" thick on your soil.

See if that doesn't take care of business because just the kelp meal alone will correct any and all nutrient deficiencies. The benefit from the EWC you already understand.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks guys Ill give that a try appreciate your help

5. Is this a fresh (from scratch), mix?

I got some yellowing similar to that with a fresh mix that I had limed with dolomite. Figured out later that the Mg in the dolo was slower to release that the Ca and I ended up with a Mag deficiency. Usually, one application of epsom salts was enough till the Mg in the dolo started releasing and no further issues.

When making fresh mixes now, I take that into account and either add some dry to the mix, or, water it in if used right away. Seems to take about a month for the Mg to start releasing from the dolo and is not a concern after that.

Other than that particular instance, the kelp meal and VC is my go to also.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  6. Any reason why you can't just add the two together and bubble for 24 hours?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I'm thinking this may be a genetic mutation of some kind. I have one mother plant that is showing this and only some of the clones from her are showing it. None of my other mothers or clones from those mothers that are all planted in the same soil show anything like this.

8. It doesn't look like any burn or deficiency i have seen. I was wondering something like that to . The way it looks blotted and swirled like it is genes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah it hasn't caused any damage at all to the leafs or stunted growth or anything like that, just looks funky.

10. You could very well be right. Variegation is the term for this sorta mutation. I have one seedling that is doing this right now. It happened to be from seed that I’m testing for Nerds Genetics. When I let him know about this seedling w variegation he said it’s genetic and 1/20 will show this. I’ll try to take a pic if I remember.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah I'd like to see that. Did he say if it affected potency or yield or anything like that?

12. Yup, variegated is the term. The yellow parts are without clorafill. Its genetic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Both of these have the same Dad 6A384291-E432-4A25-AA10-023EC610FBCD.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. You can straighten that out by growing it out and taking a clone off of a branch that has all green leaves. I've never tried it, but I heard that before.

15. This doesn't work.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.