Any ideas what this is?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by buddahaze1, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Ok these pics are from mainly one plant where it shows browning in the leaves also some light patchy bits on whole leaves and a burnt kind of tip. Also it shows the bottom foliage of all 3 in separate pics where the very first leaves that grew in the seedling stage are going yellow and crispy and about ready to fall off.
    The plants are all in flowering on their second week now under. 600w hps, temps are 22 Celsius and 47-50 rh all day and night.
    I feed them a cheap nute that's npk 3.5-3.5-3.5 only been fed once so far until I can afford better.
    The yellowing and patching happened before I fed with nutes so I know this is not the problem.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be or is it normal in this stage of life?

Many thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. How long after feeding did you take these pics, and what is your pH? Does your fertilizer have trace elements in it, or is it just NPK? What about that soil? Looks like nute def to me. Either from lack of nutes or bad pH.

3. The soil is bat mix pro 100% bio by plagron.

I last fed these plants nutes on friday just gone with the cheap nutes which do also have trace elements but as I said it was happening before I started to feed but looks no worse now I have fed, the reason I post this late is lack of camera.

I haven't checked the run off but I will do this next watering and the water is left for 24 hours to airate and ph'd to 6.2-6.5 with my ph meter.

The lack of nutes you mentioned is kind of what I think but I'm very new so wanted some experience from others :)

4. I'm not seeing anything but a lack of green, which makes me think N deficiency. The ridges of the leaves do look a bit strange though. If the leaves haven't filled out with green at all since you fed it, that could either mean it wasn't a N problem, or you didn't feed it enough to compensate for the both new growth and old deficiency.

If you're feeling daring, then I'd say you should feed it again with the next watering. Otherwise I'd wait for more opinions. I've only got about 4 grows under my belt, though I've solved nute and pH problems every time, so I'm still in the novice category.

5. Ok well I am quite daring lol and to be honest if it makes things worse then I can always go back to what I was doing.
    As I said it hasn't got really bad its only patchy on like 1 bottom leaf but still I know these things spread quickly. I'm gonna see what other people can add as I am not watering again untill tomorrow as these ladies are only needing water every 3-4 days so feeds will be a day different each week but will add a little more when I do next feed them :)

Thanks for the quick reply

6. The first three pictures look like N def to me. In pic three, if the leaves don't get better after a day after feeding I'd remove them. The other three pics (especially the last one) remind me of my own plant, which I put on here and was told it's a magnesium def. Although I'd try a feeding and see, if it gets worse post more pics and keep us updated as it MIGHT be a mag def. (I only say might because I'm not 100% sure, I'm just going on the fact it looks like my plant which I was told had a mag def.) I can also show you my plant if you'd like to see what I mean.

7. Thanks yo yo dude I will def look into this a little more.

Any other opinions would be much appreciated :)