Any ideas on reducing humidity?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Indoorcat, Feb 10, 2017.

1. My cabinet is in a shop room attached to my garage and has no heat/cooling. Temperatures are fine, but its raining and the ambient humidity is in the mid 80s. Anybody have any ideas on how I can reduce humidity in my cabinet without having to purchase a dehumidifier?

P.S. my cabinet is vented from and into the shop room. It's also a DWC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I just went through that in Cali. It's going to be tuff and mildew can happen. I suggest drying them out when it's over and spray them with green cleaner

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Yea, I'm in California too. I'm kinda worried about it. How do all of the Pacific Northwest growers do it?

4. Wet as hell Portland Oregon reporting in.

Cheap option: Dry-rid desicant from the store. Refill crystals are cheap once you have the plastic container. Good for long slow dehumidifying.

Medium to expensive: Eletric dehumidifier. Micro ones start at 25+ and larger ones for rooms 100+.
    I use a small electric in my grow closet that runs on a timer, cost 30 bucks but has payed off especially when drying bud.

5. I live in WA and have a grow tent in my garage. Last year I fought the humidity with DampRid buckets, Dry-Z-air, etc -- and was mostly unsuccessful. Not only did high humidity cause problems for my plants, there was some gnarly mold/mildew growing around the windows where the air was a little colder.
    This year I broke down and bought a cheap 50 pint dehumidifier and wish I had done it sooner. You can find them on craigslist for $50 or less.

6. Did you just put it in the garage, or in the tent?

7. It's in the garage, right next to the tent. Make sure you get one that can be set up to drain into a bucket instead of the internal reservoir.

8. Thanks, I didn't want to have to go that route, but I guess I'll have to

9. I'm in cincy and have the same issue here....I just use my side vents on my tent for my ventilation, as I'm not worried about smell so no filter for me... it when lights are off and i close the vents up the humidity gets to about 70 percent inside the tent....i bought a 70 pint dehumidifier and it helps it a bit with lights off, but with the lights on and the side vents open it has helped a ton...bout 42 percent then....I just wipe down the inside of the tent really good when the lights kick on to make sure there's no moisture