Any ideas guys ? Happy new year

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Saracenuk, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Hi guys I've got a problem with one off my girls I've noticed half way up the plant the stems look like there turning into wood ... ? I've been using plagron bat mix from the start off it's life and have feed alga grow during veg and alga bloom during flower I feed once every 4 days then water then leave and repeat I'm running a 400w hps lumatek with a rotating fan for air flow and rvk fan for extraction
    The strain is northern lights any help would be really appriciated as it's starting to happen on my other ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420236823.800315.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420236832.966761.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420236841.418610.jpg girls thanks happy new year Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Forgot to mention all the branches in the wood (dead) area I cut off because they were not good at all thanks

3. Also this is 4 weeks into flower and hasn't changed for Atleast a week

4. Bump

5. The plants getting ready to support the buds dude. The top growth looks fairly healthy, why are you worrying about the stems???

Bham

6. Okay thanks just got really concerned as a couple off branches I chopped off we're hollow and smelt really sour
    Thanks man

7. Sour smell, that's interesting. Not sure I've ever got a sour smell from my stems... But I can't say I've ever leaned in to smell em... Just keep an eye on em!

Good luck!

Bham

8. Yes I will do thanks man
    Chris

9. Okay still no change the stems have now started to shrink only the bits that are like wood and also the top of the plant hasn't changed at all , I'm really worried now I've never come across this before with previous grows , any other ideas guys ?
    Thanks Chris

10. Is this a new strain your trying? Have you changed any other aspect of your grow (nutrients, grow medium, atmosphere)?

Bham

11. #11 BHamBudzNW, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    Here's some info I pulled off the web. SEEMS to fit your scenario.

Stem collapse, stunted growth of shoots, dead petiole, collapsed stems or new growth coming out withered = a deficiency of Calcium (Ca)

Woody stems can be caused by root issues. Not watering enough, feeding too much, ph fluctuations etc...etc...

At this point it might be worth checking the ph to see if your running too low or too high.

12. No not a new strain , humidity was abit high for a week , temps have been a little cooler as winters here now but nothing that bad , nutes are the same as always and readings are spot on , it just wierd that it's only this strain that's doing this , I've just chopped some strawberry blue and la kush down had fantastic results with them and no problems, the plant has just stopped I've flushed it gave it 50% off nutes that I would normally give it no change at all , it's like something is in side the stems and is eating the core out :( I really just don't know anymore lol
    Thanks Chris

13. #13 BHamBudzNW, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    If all your readings are spot on and all your other plants finished normally there's not much you could have done lol. Sometimes plants that normally do well can produce a cutting that just doesn't perform normally. I have a white rhino phenotype that sometimes does really well, and sometimes it grows strange mutations. I'm on a very very strict feeding regimen and my atmosphere never fluctuates. I have a split A/C unit with a heat pump that keeps my room at 75 degrees 24/7 all year and my humidity stays completely stable (within 3% of target humidity). Regardless of all this, this one strain still doesn't perform consistently.

Maybe you do have an insect of some kind burrowed into the stem... But normally these kinds of insects leave big bulges that are easily spotted.

14. Okay thanks mate