Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any ideas for grinding?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnnyham89, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Hey guys I was just looking to see if there are any alternatives to buying a grinder? thanks

2. A clean kitchen bowl and a spoon. Takes a while, but you reap the satisfaction of your own grind.

3. Shot glass + scissors.

4. if you already have a coffee grinder that should work. or your good ol hands

5. Be careful for flying pieces.

6. I just put my hand over the top and stick the scissors through the hole between my thumb and forefinger.

Other than an actual grinder it's the fastest and easiest way I've ever found.

7. Well, it does sound better than my idea, going old fashioned grandma's mashed potatoes style on it.

8. grinder or using a sharp knife and cutting it up veggie style

9. a grinder is totally worth the investment

do it for the kief!

10. mortar and pestle ive heard, but have not confirmed myself

11. Use your teeth.

12. Strangely enough, a pillsplitter I think could do the trick too, but you'd only get about a gram cut up each time.

13. No.

I wanted a nice grinder besides my orange acrylic one, then I decided against it because I dont want to... A. Rob my weed of its gems (kief) and B. destroy the trichomes with a bunch of metal teeth.

Pull apart each bowl calyx-by-calyx its the best way.

14. kay the best way i have found is this way, its hard to explain, but here it goes.

take a session paper fold it in half and then take the end of it and fold it inso that its shape is kinda like straight then near the end its folded.

then hold the session paper with your hand by the folded end, take scisors and start chopping it up going right or left whichever way is easier.

15. rob the weed of kief?
    that why its called a kief catcher
    because it catches and collects it

if ur worried about losin its gems then u need to be smoking some better shit