any ideas? brown spots leaf dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by alex3524, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Desperate to get some clarity on this issue. Had a couple of ruined crops and this is going the same way.

Everything goes well up until around week 4 of flower.

This is dna genetics Silver la
    47 days into flower. (2 weeks to go)
    In soil under 250 hps
    Bio biz all mix
    Bio biz bloom, grow and top max every other water at 4ml bloom p/l and 2ml p/l top max and 0.5 ml p/l grow.

Temps are good but run off of water is a little high (7.5)

Any ideas if this a deficiency of some kind or ph problem?

My ph pen isn't too accurate so I've used ph strips which suggest I've been watering with ph water/feed of around 7.0 to 8.0

Waiting for my new TDS metre but thinking my nutrients will be on the low side ( very clear run off) everytime I've flushed bio biz nutrients before its been dark brown to start with.

This is spreading super fast and although I am close to harvest in don't think I can just sit this one out and hope.

Issue started on larger fan leaves lower down and worked it's way up very fast...seems to be affecting top bud sites now (more mature buds)

Any experienced growers got any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. definitely ph. looks a bit like cal definciency but its got to be ph

3. What can i do this late in flower? Should I water with low ph water/feed and if so how low? Should it be a normal water (2.5 litres) into 11 litre pots or a full on flush?

Will adding lime, azomite, Gypsum as top dress help this late?

As for calmag I do have some canna stuff but no way I want to use this so late because it's very strong N (6)

Cheers

Alex

4. yea just flush a couple times with ph 5.5. then since you're about two weeks away from being done, i wouldn't add nutes just flush when u water.

5. #5 Sanez, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    If you don't have a very accurate way to measure pH then be careful to not use too much pH down and overcorrect/swing. I've read plenty of people killing their plants due to a faulty pH test. Likewise, when using pH down make sure you have a reliable way to measure small amounts, such as a syringe/dropper with 0.1 ml increments. I use 2 ml per gallon, but am growing in a soilless medium which requires lower pH than soil.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. By the way, are you giving your nute bottles a good shake before each use?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app