Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any idea why Sativa effects me in this way?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by theUnachievers, Apr 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I’ve smoked for about 6 years, always indica or indica dominant strains, but as of recently I picked up some sativa, and it’s been causing me to shake and giving me chest pains almost to the point where I think i’m better off just putting it away, any idea on what could cause this? I notice the effects will last out of the high for quite some time, and if it’s anxiety I don’t know why it’s effecting me in this way when mentally i’m willing to smoke it wanting to experience a fun sativa high and I’ve tried to ignore my symptoms whenever they came up. Also I feel I might add the first day I even got it, it gave me the first panic attack I ever experienced, I usually can smoke a gram or 2 in a day but with this sativa It’s been 2 and I can’t even get through this gram without experiencing some adverse effect on my body

Sorry for the long ass post fellow stoners, but I want to be able to experience a sativa high so I tried to get into detail.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sativas some not all do me this way also. Right of the get go my heart stsrts beating like crazy and I usually get paranoid. When a strain does that to me i just dont smoke no more of it. Maybe try some diff sativas and you may find one you enjoy. Best of luck....some sativas make me laugh and giggle...look for the strain Laughing Budha or Tangie or a Tangerine strain....they do me great. I enjoyed Green Crack...Good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’m gonna do away with the rest of this bud. Thanks for the strain suggestions, I will try to get my hands on these.

4. I find that I am pretty sensitive to most sativa strains, they all make me jittery as hell. Occasionally I find a good one that does not but it is very rare. I have just learned over time to avoid them and stick with Indica dominant strains

5. I do not like many sativa strains but Durban poison is good for me, it does not cause any of the negative symptoms other sativa give me

6. In my experience I have found sativa-heavy strains will make the mind race and can even in some instances produce paranoia-induced thoughts. Depends on the person though because it could just as easily make you productive when you are normally lethargic. Lemon Haze or zkittlez might be a good starter sativa to try in small doses of 1 gram or less.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Have a little CBD with it and enjoy, it is science. Or smoke some CBD Flowers, my favorite.

8. Do you use some meds? I had weird reaction to antidepressants before, since quitting them no problem with weed whatsoever.

9. Okay, I've personally had Sativas make me shake to a certain degree, some even quite a bit like various Skunk's and Diesel's, but never legit chest pains. That's definitely concerning, instinct tells me that it's probably not the weed. The only way I could really see that being the case is maybe some powdery mildew/bud mold of some type, and the discomfort originating from your lungs and such. I don't think so, though. I think the combo of the symptoms may be causing some free-floating anxiety that is making you want to 'put it away', so to speak. Said anxiety led to your panic attack, yada yada.

The way I see it, some strains, whether they be Sativa or Indica, just don't agree at all with some people. I have a few that have never vibed right with me, no matter how many times I've tried. Like I mentioned before, certain skunks or diesel strains have a real nasty anxiety reaction with me that I'm risking every time I light up with it. I'm gonna recommend attempting to maybe stock up on a new, different strain if possible and either abandoning or sidelining that stuff if it's making you feel that way. Anxiety is a bitch, for sure. You gotta be proactive on it. Hope things get better and you can get back to enjoying sativas, man!

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

10. Not sure what's going on and your life at the moment but you're not detoxing from any prescription meds or anything like that or you is typically males in their early 40s that are detoxing or withdrawing from anything and smoke something more on the sativa side it can turn into a full-blown panic attack and it will feel like pressure on your chest shortness of breath sometimes it even looks like your visions kind of fading like I said not sure what you got going on but sounds like you need to stick to the Indica dominant strains I had the same thing happen to me and actually had quit smoking for over a year and then psychologically taught myself how to beat it not sure if this was helpful or not