Any idea what’s killing my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BudDelight, Jul 26, 2019.

1. any idea what’s causing the brown spots in the picture? It’s getting worse. Mostly affecting the biggest fan leaves from the bottom of the plant up to the middle. TIA!

Attached Files:

2. Standard Nute Burn. avoid a few feeds and

I flush her 2 times the pot volume with air temp water

good luck

3. Ok thanks man. How positive are you that it’s nute burn? I’m running fox farm trio at half strength and my other three plants, all trainwreck, seem fine

4. plants can be like people lol

5. makes sense. I got another question for you maybe you can help maybe not but figure I’ll ask. It’s an autopot system, bottom fed, everything I’ve read says never to top water as built up salts on the surface will actually just wash further into the root ball. Wonder how I’m supposed to flush these bastards if I can’t top water. I knew this was going to be a problem for my final week of flower but I figured I had 12 more weeks to come up with a solution so I hadn’t worried to much about it

6. I used fox farms for 5 years. I was Capt fox here! what's funny is after listening to all these guys on here that didn't use fox trying to tell me how hot it is! so before I switch the nectar I did some slurry test on my feeding schedule with Fox and found my plants hungry during flower. I think you're having a cal mag on that one plant. Get a ppm meter and do slurry test to tell if ur plant is eating ur feeds.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

• Like Like x 1
  8. If u do a slurry and find ur plants are high in ppms, I would look at the soils pH as the culprit

• Like Like x 1
  9. So if u are in soil and ur soil and feeds are not in the correct pH zone between 6.4 and 6.8

10. Do you have a ppm feeding chart? How much ppm should you be feeding at a time? Obv levels are different in veg than flower right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. I don't measure the ppms going in nor do I going out! I do slurry test. U do this after ur plants are dried to see if they are eating the feeds. Screenshot_20190727-125323_Google.jpg

12. It’s an autopot system with 50/50 coco perlite. It’s constantly wicking nutrient solution so I’m not sure if the ppm will ever be that low, but maybe? I’ll try it and see

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah the feeding chart I’m going off is fox farms hydro. I was mixing at 3/4 strength I’ve since dropped it down to 1/2 strength

14. Oh I thought u were in soil