Any idea how to install these two?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 452289, Sep 25, 2012.

1. 4 inch filter and fan don't know how I'm going to install this into this tiny cabinet. I know I should have air being pulled through the filter and out the only problem is the exhaust hole is too close to the back of the cabinet and the filters too fat to line up nicely so I'm lost :/
    Any help??
    First pic is cabinet with filter and fan
    Second is exhaust
    Third is inside

Attached Files:

2. Carbon filter inside the cabinet. Run ducting outside cabinet. Hook fan up outside cabinet attached to ducting.

3. Yeah that's what I was thinking but how would I attach the fan and make it so it stays there because it's going to be off the ground. Also how much air flow reduction will happen if I put a curve into the ducting since the filter doesn't line up with the hole normally. Holes too close to back of cabinet.

4. Get more ducting and connectors if needed.

Run ducting all the way out and down to the floor behind cabinet and hook the fan up to it on the floor.

Or, set the fan on the table right outside your hole.

Just bend the ducting down to fit the carbon filter, your fan looks decent. The curve shouldn't be a big deal.

Whats the fan's CFM?

5. The fans 170cfm should be sufficient at like half speed shouldn't it? Even with the curves if I run the ducting down to the floor? Picking up a speed controller today.
    Thanks for the help man. First grow lol
    And random question does 110 watts seem kinda high for this fan at full speed? Or is that normal?

6. Hey thanks for the input man I got it hooked up :)

7. Sorry, i didn't see the post before that.

Half speed on a 170 cfm should be fine.

No problem, i'm glad i could help. Show us some pics of the final setup!

8. And the filter just sits on the floor since it sucks in through the sides lol my light fell on my baby I hope she'll be okay. You think I'll need a bigger box before she's harvested?

Attached Files:

9. Umm heck yes

10. Lol tying her down should make it possible for me to continue in this box shouldn't it? Because its all I have lol any suggestions ? I'd appreciate it.

11. Im gonna start tying her down

Attached Files:

12. Tie down and plan to flower very soon

13. Bigger box. It looks like if u were to flower now which u should because the size of the box u might get like an 8th of dry weight.

14. Fuck it im flipping it tonight

15. Thats about as soon as I was referring to.