Any idea for final yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarcusZerling, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Hey my fellow smokers!
    I started my first grow, a couple of months ago, I got 1 Ice plant, 1 O.G. Kush plant, and 2 Critical + plants. I planted the O.G. plant first, on the 20th of june, and the 3 other plants on the 17th of july. although I am a first time grower, I've researched a lot, and got things under control. I have the 4 plants in a 3 gallon container, in nutrition rich soil, I water every 3rd day. They are under 1,GIB Lighting Flower with 250W with a reflector above. The O.G. plant is about 65 inches tall, and the 3 others, is about 40 inches tall. They are all pretty bushy, and I've topped all of them.

I know, you can never really predict a harvest. But since this is my first harvest, I really have no idea on how much I can yield.
    Can any of you, tell me about how much I will most likely yield? I'd appreciate it!
    Thank you! :smoke:

2. Four plants under 250w, should probably yield around 5 - 8oz total for the average grower. In extreme cases you could expect closer to 13 - 14oz or so (best case scenario; high yielding strain + experience), or as little as 2oz - 3oz (worst case scenario; assuming plants are healthy/simply a low yielding strain, while keeping in mind that a yield may not even occur with a total health/genetic failure :p ).

Again, like you said, it's hard to predict and there are many variables. But to give you a general idea, many people will aim for 'a gram per watt'... some growers hit closer to two grams, while others struggle to hit half, or even a quarter of a gram per watt.

But even that's a flawed estimation system, considering the varying lumen output... HPS bulbs produce almost twice the number of lumens per watt, when compared to most CFLs, for instance!

Taking all that into consideration, and especially without photos, it's really tough to say what you'll pull down without resorting to a disappointingly broad estimate. :p

3. this is compleatly theoretical but. lets say you started flowering them as soon as they had a hint of root then maybe 1/3 of an oz under fair conditions. but you sould like you vegged a long time but also your light doesnt sound like it is strong enough for so large plants so i wouldnt expect much but you might get to 1-4oz per 40" plant if its grown right has enough light isint too cold or warm. isint in too dry or humid envirioment has plenty of air circulating enough neutrients at the right times of the right type. its really hard to estimate pictures with something that is clearly mesurable like a lighter or something next to it would help the estimate. but this question is really hard to answer without knowing every factor and even then its hard. Good luck

4. Thank you for your quick answer! I'll see if I can get some pictures on, within a couple of days!