Any hunters out there?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Deleted member 97913, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Watch out if your gonna do that, i dont know about where your from but in AZ we got this thing called operation game theif where they pay money to people who snitch on you for that. I know a guy who got busted because of some punk ass snitch who was probably just out for the reward. not that i condone this type of thing seeing as how i hunt totally legal because of work reasons but talkin shit about people who poach aint gonna stop em just start shit.

2. we have operation game thief on the east coast! :eek:

conspiracy!

3. well i know of an operation kill snitch in tn, so maybe you guys should adopt that law.

4. i love moose hunting!
    i use my browning BLR .300 win mag, with a burris full field II

called out a young bull last year (no tags) he was within 20 yards of my ladder stand.
    still waiting for that monster bull...

5. Damn... you Americans get to have all the cool guns:D

I own a .338 Winchester mag, jesus its a powerful gun, belonged to my father, gave it to me as a present for my 18th birthday.

Too bad Canadian gun laws are bullshit.:(

6. Love to deer hunt, Got a Mathews DXT Compound bow, and a couple rifles. Pheasant is great too

7. I just need to start hanging out in the outdoor area...more of my type in here. :D

8. i love huting, my dad and i have been hunting together since i first started shooting.
    my current rifle is a remington 25-06, and i used to use a remington 243. two shotguns: benelli semi-auto 20 gauge, and a remington 1100 20 gauge.

9. how can you guys kill innocent animals. D:

im so baked, im gona go to the peta website now. lol.

10. Used to go hunting with my step dad when I was little and he made it hell so I was turned off for awhile.I use a 30-06.I;m starting bow hunting this year.I have a browning somthin.Too lazy to check.Gotten myself 2 4 pointers and a 6.Weights were 110-105 and 120.

11. Wow never knew that GC had so many young hunters glad to see we are still keeping our traditions alive! After a nice long day of pheasant hunting with our dog nothing better then sittin down with the old man and lightin up a Fatty!

12. Hi :hello:

I prefer bows they are smooth and accurate, and reache up to 325 FPS also leave nothing behind so later on you don't find any thing in the meat or fish i some times fish with it has well. At the moment i have a compound bow bought it at Bows and Archery Accessories by Mathews, its a HyperLite version, it is very very nice, but a bit expensive :( but worth every peny :D.

13. Unless your a vegan you have no right to oppose hunting of any form, its up to every responsable hunter that their quarry is shot and killed as quick as possible, i personally hunt because i love wild game, the meat is delicious and i have a responsability to keep a healthy herd of deer in my area, i also just love the fact that im harvesting from a herd of animals that my ancestors hunted with the last hundreds of years, Bowhunting here is illegal, it doesnt interest me either i wanna kill my quarry where its standing as quick and as painless as possible.

I had a great season, 7 fallow does and 1 fallow spiker, trophy hunting is not hunting at all, foodhunting is real hunting

14. Why are you trying to shoot deer in the head? The name for a female deer is a doe. Doe. Not dough. The collective noun for deer is herd (also acceptable would be mob and I think leash.) not flock, as they aren't birds of any kind.

Lame.

15. Just got into turkey hunting A LOT! After like 3 seasons of whitetail hunting and not seeing a quality buck, i have to say i like turkey hunting much more. Mossberg 835, Remington 700 SPS 7MM Mag, Remington .22. We also have a remington 1100, and a Savage .270. I just shot my first turkey this season, and man was it a trophy. I went hunting 4 days and could never get a shot at this monster bird. Then on the 5th day i saw my bird. We waited 2 hours before he came in range and puffed down by this time he was (20 yards!) and i blasted him. After 5 min of yelling in joy i find out how awesome this bird is.......16 pounds, 1 & 1/4 spurs, 10" beard OSCEOLA(for this type of bird its amazing they get 16-18 pounds mature).

16. i use several guns,30-30 for deer,largest takin was a 12 point buck.a .308 for elk and a .338 for bear. i also use a .223 for yotes

17. I haven't been around much in this section, or any section for that matter, but I hope to stick around for at least a while this time. It's good to see all of you.

:D

Back in May I bought my first small game rifle, which is a Mossberg 702 Plinkster .22 LR. Quickly after buying it, we gave it a thorough cleaning and it has still been giving us nothing but problems at the range. Every round we attempt to load into the chamber stovepipes vertically and if one actually does go through smoothly on the first try, the second round will jam regardless. I'm thinking that this is a clip problem, so I'm going to order another one pretty soon, as I would love my Plinking Gun to be back up and running.

[​IMG]

Now for the better news. The second purchase, which we bought just last month, was definitely worth its weight (Which wasn't much. Only about $130). It's a 1943 Mosin Nagant Izzy 7.62, which is the Infantry Version used in World War 2 (Not to be mistaken for the Sniper Version, which has a bolt that allows for attachment of a scope). It's surgically accurate with the iron sights at 100 Yards, and we haven't had a chance to test it at anything past that but I plan on using this as a large game rifle this season when I draw tags with a friend of mine and we can get out for a week or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Durchii, what kind of ammo are you putting through the .22? Sometimes certain guns will only accept specific brands of ammo and its all a matter of working out which is best for your rifle.

My .22 lr won't shoot and MiniMag .22LR but give it Remmington and its all gravy.

19. Rhythm, the first box we bought for it was a bulk box of CCI .22 High Velocity for something like $15. After careful consideration, as well as several dozen rounds, I realized the folly in choosing cheap bulk ammo for a new gun and ran both Winchester and Remington Rounds through it (After cleaning, of course) to no avail.

I know what you mean, though! Semi Autos are extremely picky about what they want... should have stuck with Bolt Action.

:p

20. Damn so you already tried a few brands, must be mechanical error then. Looks like you got it figured out.

fyi (just in case you didn't already know)
    Once the gun is broken in it should accept more ammo types but right now I'd take it to a gunsmith or send it back to the manufacturer cause having a picky gun sucks. Having a gunsmith take a quick look could save you the money of another magazine.

Oh what type of gun lube are you using when you clean your gun? Hoppes #9 is the standard way to go but some guns require a high end lube.