Any helpful advice? 1st ever grow...Growing Casey on windowsill

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cheeeeese!:), May 6, 2016.

1. Hi guys! I'm new to this and have just started to grow casey on my windowsill. It's been approximately 4 weeks and I think it's going well. Just wondering if anyone has tips on when it'll be ready to flower etc. I'll post a few pictures so you can see how far it's got. Any helpful info would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. You really shouldn't grow on a windowsill but your plant looks healthy so do your thing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks. I have read a few threads saying it isn't worth it. Tbh I'm just curious and it's my first time so just kind of learning. I'm not expecting anything amazing after reading others posts. But fingers crossed it'll give me a nice few buds to enjoy :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why not go with a CFL grow? They're very cheap to set up and you'll get somewhat better results from CFL than on a windowsill. You didn't say what country you're from but based on you're name and the look of those upvc windows I'm going to say the UK. In the UK windowsill growing is virtually impossible because of temperatures and other issues (although I have known people to grow auto flowering plants on a windowsill in the UK. They got small jail time for 17 plants on 2 windowsills ... idiots I know).

If you got an old cupboard get a small CFL grow going. You can grab a small tent for pretty cheap too.

Just my 2 cents buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The drainage of that soil is pretty nonexistent. You need to pull those out and repot them into soil mix amended with about 40% perlite. These plants hate their roots sitting in moist conditions, thus perlite for excellent drainage. Actual formulated grow soil is best to use because it is specifically designed for indoor growing and is loaded with perlite. It should have enough in it that it makes it necessary to water VERY slowly so it doesn't just run through your plant. But, you've got to have excellent drainage. Do you manage the pH of the water/feed solution you give? If not, that's a biggie too. Go to the new grower threads here and read the "sticky's" there for beginners. These contain the very basic info all new growers should know before they even get plants. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for your reply! :) I have bought a bulb and have emptied a cupboard. Could you advise on when the flowering stage would be? It's been 5 weeks at vegetation stage. Sorry if I sound clueless...also I have only been using water no nutrients. Would you suggest I use nutrients? If you have a look at my pics Ive posted it might help. Thank you for your advice again! :)

Attached Files: