Any Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WolfSwift, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I am new to grasscity as well to the growing of cannabis however i have run into some questions and need some answers. I have attached two photos of my current set up, yes far from professional but i had to work with what i could afford at the time. I am running a cfl 250watt a good foot and a couple inches above it, i was wondering if i should adjust it to a different height. Also i water it once a day, and its on a 12/12 lighting schedule, any suggestions on that would also be appreciated. As you can see my current problem is that some leaves are beginning to brown and i want to do whatever i can to stop this plant from dying. Thanks,
    Wolf Swift.

Attached Files:

2. You are watering far to often which is drowning your roots which is sloly killing your plant water when soil is dry your lighting should be on 18/6 for veg until its atleast a foot tall your 12/12 is for flowering not for veg your cfl is to far away 2-5 inches away it should be are you ph testing your water? In my oppinion you need to do alot of research or you will be dissapointed

3. Have a look at my grow its my first one all u have done is read and read it pays off

4. danbigbud, thank you for the help, i will adjust accordingly now. This is my first inside grow, so thank you for the help since i am definitely new to it. I have actually read up alot on this however there are so many different damn ways of growing i figured id just upload what i have currently and adjust to the best answer i received. And as for the PH, i was giving it tap water but decided itd be best to just give it distilled water from publix, is that sufficient? And should i water once every other day?

5. There is alot of info out there it wont take long and you will get there tap water isnt good enough nor bottled if the ph is to high or too low it will get nute lock you should water everytime your soil is dry stick your finger in your soil about an inch if its still moist leave it another day i water mine roughly once every 5 days get your self a ph tester and some ph up and down your ph needs to be around 6.2 - 6.5 get your light on 24hours a day for 2 weeks and then to 18/6 and then when you want to flower on to 12/12

6. And also what soil are you using

7. Ok i will go out and get a PH tester to check to see where it is, and i will use your method on when to water, but why 24 on for two weeks if you dont mind me asking?

8. Your plants will love you for the extra light to kicck them back into veg my plants loved it and the grew 8inches in 4-5 days the more light the more growth mate

9. Oh and the soil was bought from a local farm store, its called black soil or some shit, i know several people who have successful grown with this soil which is why i went for it.

10. Thats ok then you dont have to put it on 24/0 you can put it on 18/6 im just going off what was good for me i had amazing results

11. I got my ph stuff from a aquarium shop 15.00 for the test kit and some ph up and down but if you want to save money buy the test kit and you can use a drop of white vinegar to bring the leves down and bicarb to raise it

12. Honestly if youre telling me that 24 on for two weeks will help than i will do it, i was just curious to know why you did it for two weeks. And i will go find a fish store and buy some ph stuff.

13. I put my plants into flower early and did that to put them back to veg update som pics and info when you have done what i have said and see how it is going

14. lol another one of those xD
    forget that plant, its completely crippled. start a new one in decent soil and with a decent lamp (no fucking incandescent you *bleeep*), dont overwater it and dont fertilize for at least 3 weeks. better ven, check out the organics section of this forum, mix a good organic soil and do nothing but water it.

15. Why so harsh mate we all start somewhere

16. I just have a hard time understanding how you can fuck up so badly... cannabis is such an easy to grow plant, it would do better than that in your average slit in the sidewalk!
    yet again and again newbs post pictures of plants looking exactly like that as the result of soil with the wrong pH, overwatering, wrong lighting and wrong use of fertilizer all combined, already through flowering yet yielding less than a single joint. this shit is ridiculous, how can you be that bad with plants? :O

17. Ino what you mean i new nothing 3 months ago and now my ladies are perfect its not hard atall with a bit of tesearch