Any guesses on yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TomTucker, Oct 12, 2016.

1. I just harvested one indica and only got 14 grams. Meanwhile I have this one that looks like a monster and smells like one too and I'm just curious what you think it'll be in dry weight

That's a 1 gallon crystal geyser square type water container in the pic

Thanks for replys 1476257146501.jpg 1476257169821.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The thing with harvesting and curing is that you lose SO much weight during the initial drying process. Though your plant looks like "a monster" to you, you'll probably only end up with several grams out of this one too by the time it's all said and done. A very slow cure is going to retain the most weight for you in the end. Listen, don't post pics under LED lighting. We can't tell anything about the plant because of the blue/purple cast on all your pics.

The key to getting a really good harvest from a plant is having adequate lighting. Without enough wattage and each plant having adequate space to grow in under the lighting, you're not going to get optimum yields. Looking at your plant, I'm going to say you had your light too high over your plant. You want to keep it as close to the plant as possible without it burning the plant to get the best bud development possible. Having them hung too high just forces the plant to stretch, i.e. your very long main cola in the pic on this plant is a good indicator of the light being hung too high. If you had brought it down closer to the plant, you would have had a shorter main cola that was much larger and more dense than what you've ended up with here. If you're looking for big yield, I suggest you move away from the indica varieties. They are very slow growers because of tight nodal spacing on most, and just takes too long to get them grown out to a size they are decent to flower. I flowered a single indica plant for 6 months once trying to get it large enough to put into flower. The buds were beautiful in the end, but the overall plant was a major disappointment. Indicas are also very sensitive to heat...hate it, and are better suited for more northern cooler climates. The Sativas seem hardier overall and you just get faster better growth out of them than with the indicas. But light is THE key to yield. If you want to grow a nice healthy large plant, you've got to have the quality and strength of light to do it with. So...don't skimp on your lighting and don't overload the lighting you do have or you'll just shade out most growth below the canopy of the plant. Best wishes. TWW