any great scriptures whats your favorite verses

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by nugwings777, Mar 8, 2017.

1. I would like to know of anyone, know of any good scripture .

2. Matthew 5:43-44
    43 You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy’. 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ephesians 6:5
    Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ
    Exodus 21:20-21
    When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.
    Titus 2:9-10
    Slaves are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.

Just to name a few of my favorite pieces of scripture, it's just to hard to pick one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. #4 nugwings777, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2017
    Psalms ch. 14: 1-3 original king James
    1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
    2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
    3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy : there none that doeth good, no, not one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. There's a hole in my bowl, let's plug it with a nugget. -unknown

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 nugwings777, Mar 8, 2017
    Jude ch.1:21-22 original King James
    21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
    22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

7. #7 nugwings777, Mar 8, 2017
    James 2:23-26 original King James
    23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness : and he was called the friend of God.
    24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
    25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messagengers, and had sent them out another way ?
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

8. #8 nugwings777, Mar 8, 2017
    Ephesians 4:18 original king James
    18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of there heart

9. #9 nugwings777, Mar 8, 2017
    Romans 1: 19-21 original king James
    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them ; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and God-head ; so that they are without excuse :
    21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful ; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #10 nugwings777, Mar 8, 2017
    1 Timothy ch.4 1-5 original king James
    Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ;
    2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy ; having their conscience seared with a hot iron ;
    3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
    4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving :
    5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

11. Were you interpreting or thats the scripture

12. Matthew 6:1
    take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Matthew 27:46 ►
    About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

Because Jesus is said to be 1 of the 3 prongs of God and he knew that he was here to be sacrificed.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I don't remember where it is from, and I am not a religious person, but I really enjoyed these:

"And why take ye thought for rainment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They toil not, neither do they spin, and yet I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these... Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."

---

"Ask and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. For everyone that asketh receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth, and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened."

15. John 11:35 - Jesus wept.

He wept not because his friend was dead (who he knew would rise again in the resurrection), but because the people didn't believe he could be used to bring him back to life.

Think about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Revelation 21-4 God shall wipe away every tear from their eye......

17. Romans 10:9 1 John 1:9 Psalms 144:1 Romans 8:1 Luke 22:36, oh my, so very many more.

18. 2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)
    3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.