Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

any good stoner books?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by blunt_master, May 10, 2009.

1. ^ i have alot of spare time and am looking for some books to read

2. hunter s. thompson

3. Quoted for truth.

The book (original) version of Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas is so much more badass than the movie. I highly recommend it.

4. sex drugs and coco puffs by chuck klosterman

post office by charles bukowski

5. I like rereading kids books that I used to love.
    (Glances at bookshelves) Hatchet, Wringer, Roald Dahl's stuff, Carl Sagan's stuff, Soul of the Robot by Barrington J. Bayley is an awesome old book too. The Ender's Game series.

I can only pay attention to the plot in books if I'm only a little toasty though, what I would consider a normal level of high I can't concentrate for shit.

6. agreed...the book is way better and everything makes wayy more sense...there is shit in the book that was simly not put into the movie. thats the only hunter thompson book ive read so far but i really wanna read his hells angels book and a couple others from him

lately ive been reading scar tissue by anthony kedias...the singer of RHCP...great book...almost done with it.

I read a syd barrett book a while ago that was really cool...just a biography on him

if ur really big into music then read a book on ur favorite band...it will make u like them even more...i read a book written by the drummer of pink floyd that looks like the size of a textbook and i really enjoyed it

7. by hunter s. thompson do you mean the book- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A savage journey to the heart of the american dream?

8. It's more of a novella but there is always 'A Grower's Tale' ;)

9. i'm about to start the last harry potter.

10. haha oldskoolgrower's "A Grower's Tale" was a great read

i read once chapter a day until the end and it was amazing

11. i always liked the movies more..
    haha same i just read em sober

12. ya thats his best known book i reccommend it immensely

13. Thanks! It's all in my Blog here for easy reading, but I recommend reading it in the thread if one has time. There's a lot of other discussion and commentary in between chapters that way.

14. "On The Road" by John Kerouac

15. Anything by Kerouac is a great read. Good suggestion.

16. Go Ask Alice By: anonymous...its a really great story and its true
    The Giver By: Lois Lowry...its a trippy ass story and a good read
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest By:Ken Kesey
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland By:Lewis Carroll
    Through the Looking Glass By: Lewis Carroll
    The Acid House By: Irvine Welsh...ive never read this one but my friend told me it was cool
    A Million little pieces By: James Frey
    i love reading =)

17. lol...i used to hate it bc every book i have been forced to read fuckin blows...once u start reading good books u realize that its pretty entertaining...everyone i know never reads cuz schools give reading a bad name cuz they are always awful, shitty ass books (Ex. Wuthering Heights...worst book ive ever read)

18. I read voraciously. Books, magazines, stuff online, the back of cereal boxes, the ingredients of toothpaste, etc.

19. chuck palanuik novels

20. THE ELECTRIC KOOL-AID ACID TEST! - Tom Wolfe