any good step by step guides

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by labananaha, Dec 1, 2010.

1. hey guys
    i'm planning on growing weed in my house
    but all the step by step guides i've read or seen on video gives me too many options to choose from. they give me the different types of lights i can get and what positions i can place them in, but they dont tell me which one they use.

i was wondering if any of you guys know any good step by step guide that shows exactly what to do and exactly what equipment to buy and how to use it also in what order.

btw i'm a complete beginner.

2. Most likely you don't want a guide that makes those choices for you. There is more than one way to skin a cat, and more than one way to grow MJ indoors. Specifically, an indoor grow must be tailored to the conditions and circumstances of the grower, so any guide that tells you to use this light not that light really is doing you a disservice. I suggest you re-read the ones that offer choices and figure out which makes the most sense for your space, your goals, your conditions, your budget, etc.

If you need help with the choices then come and ask us with specifics about your situation, and you will get better answers and more respect if you do so with some knowledge after reading up. People who post asking basically "how do I grow, I don't want to have to read all this stuff" tend to get dissed, but people who post asking basically "I've been doing a lot of reading but I'm confused about lighting choices. I understand X, Y, and Z, but I need help with..." that gets much better response. To get to that point, read up and self-educate as much as you can.

3. :smoke: hay mate, when i first got into growing i would ask all sorts of crazy ques, but the i started to read the stickys. i found 99%of my ques, and the helped alot. but as m8y said make sure you plan and get every thing in and set up befor you start.

4. Thanks alot for the kind replies guys.
    after reading what you said toasty i understand that i must sound like a complete newb. alot of what you said made sense. i'll update later my friend is looking for a place to rent to grow.

I was also wondering is it fine to grow in an apartment complex? I've read that the electricity could be a problem. my friend and i are planning to use the whole apartment just to grow, we're gonna live and sleep at a different place. Would there be a certain limit of plants i can grow in a one bedroom apartment?

again thx again guys. and stigof i'll definitely start to read the stickys on this site, even though some look very long and i hate reading LOL.

5. Many will tell you that it's OK to grow in an apartment, and in fact many do it successfully, but still my advice is not to, it's too risky. After all, people who get busted growing in apartments aren't exactly able to come onto GC to tell their story, are they?

Landlords can enter, in some instances without notice. And even with 24 hours notice, where will you put your plants and how will you move them back and forth unnoticed? Neighbors are very close so you have issues of odor control, fan noise, outside exhaust, etc. You need ventilation which, with an indoor grow, often requires cutting holes in walls, ceilings, floors and doors, which is something you probably don't want to do in an apartment. And, since apartments are smaller than houses, the electrical consumption for a grow op has a bigger impact on the bill so is more noticeable. That's not a complete list of reasons why an apartment is risky, but it's a start.

To grow MJ you need your own, secure place.

6. Woah toasty great posts, i too had the same issues when figuring out where/how to start.

@OP - If possible, i would take the time to grow one/two plants until you understand the whole process, some sort of mini grow perhaps ? use a lot of LST'ing and such to keep the plant smallish. The impression i got was you were about to start growing large amounts in a new apartment :p

I wouldnt start anything large scaled unless you know what you were doing inside out(I wouldnt even bother until ive tried 3-4 different systems lol (Doing Coco & Hempy systems at the moment for a learning curve))