any good root rot solutions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by legalizetree, Mar 4, 2012.

1. already lost one....dont wanna lose more

2. Bennies for sure. ^ good advice

3. Can you post a pic of your plants ? That will help you to give you a better assessment on your situation. I have never use the Compost Tea, but I have friends here that use it and they claim to works. I'm not an Organic Guy, I'm more a CHEM+DAWG if you catch my drift lol !

I had a terrible Root Rot 6 months ago, due to high temperatures in the Rez and the only thing that help me was:

Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
    HYGROZYME

4. lots of oxygen to the root zone :bongin:

5. get a bigger pump for your root zone, use cannazym or like he said hygrozeme, hydrogen peroxide in a flush is great, think about what is warm near your rez or if you can, I would buy a chiller. I lost a week 4 flower 4k grow to root rot. Changing the water more than once per week, regular plain water and peroxide flush, ice in the rez, always feeding cannazym, lower temps in the room, upgrade the air pump along root zones and making sure no light gets to the roots were all things I did, I built a whole new table and rez but it still showed up in my next round, and I conquered it by doing all of these things.
    Good luck, that shit is rough.

6. .....or could of lowered temps, add some airstones and beneficial bacteria.

7. If adding beneficial mycos ur not supposed to airate ur res water. If in dwc I have no idea.

8. try to not have your water res under an lights

9. [quote name='"Erbalist"']Here is a link to the reason why using mycos doesn't need to be airated and why it doesn't really do much. I'll keep reading and proving my point

http://buymarijuanaseeds.com/community/threads/beneficial-bacteria-in-hydro.148672/[/quote]

Yeah that wasn't anything but ppl bickering. Please just don't cause anymore "proof" like that is going to result in me over medicating to calm down.

10. Lol. If u read the same link u posted. It says that u shouldn't airate if ur using a recirculating system. The air would feed and breed the beneficial therefore clogging pumps. I run a ebb and flow. I use benificials and recirculate my res.

11. [quote name='"Erbalist"']Lol. If u read the same link u posted. It says that u shouldn't airate if ur using a recirculating system. The air would feed and breed the beneficial therefore clogging pumps. I run a ebb and flow. I use benificials and recirculate my res.[/quote]

I'm not an expert by any means. but your comment is based on just one man observation ? I'm asking you. I read across the net. Oxygen is a Plus with Bacteria. i do not think something is not true will be posted in hundreds of forums and countless post about mycos across the world.

But maybe you are right, I just start dealing with mycos 3 weeks ago, but I have DWC, therefore 24/7 Air. Another farmer here do not aerated their Beneficial Bacteria ?

12. The only fix is to get oxygen to your roots. You need min. 1 watt of air pump power per gallon of nutrient solution. So a 5w pump for a 5 gallon bucket.. 2wpg is better.

Anything else you try will be a waste of time and money.

13. [quote name='"Erbalist"']Lol. If u read the same link u posted. It says that u shouldn't airate if ur using a recirculating system. The air would feed and breed the beneficial therefore clogging pumps. I run a ebb and flow. I use benificials and recirculate my res.[/quote]

This guy ^^ I don't have the patience to argue a weight known fact. Carry on....

14. im running 4 five gallon buckets and 20 gallon res with the recirculating dwc im looking to purchase the mag drive which one do you think would work best the 350 or 1200