Any glass blowers out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by CaliCoast, Jan 17, 2008.

1. I know that GC isn't the place necessarily for people who blow glass but I was wondering if anybody on GC blows glass. I'm looking at spending around $4,000 for a torch, kiln, various tools, glass, oxy and propane, and ventilation materials. But actually before that I was thinking about just renting studio time at a local studio before I invest a ton of money in a new hobby. I have an artistic side to me and glass working truly is art. At the same studio they offer how to blow glass pipes and virtually every aspect of glass blowing. They have various workshops with featured artists like Bearclaw in Aug. So anybody blow glass, got any pieces you want to show off? I think GC should have a glass blowing forum.

2. Dude I was thinking about doing the same thing the same exact thing...

3. I've always wanted to learn how, but haven't really had the opportunity. I've also heard that glass blowing is horrible for your lungs.. even worse than weed or cigarettes. Is that true?

4. I could give less of a fuck my lungs are already shit like totall shit dude I cough up black shit smoke cigs and weed and some other shit so I could careless I expect lung cancer by the age of 30 so its whatever

5. ive always wanted to blow my own glass. let me know how it goes man, i cant wait to see some calicoast custom pieces haha

6. Let's get some glass going on GC and start up a glass blowing section. The cost is fairly inexpensive for just the class, only $420 :D.

I think that is where proper ventilation comes in to play. I'm sure it's not 100% non toxic but it just comes with the trade.

7. For sure, I'll throw up some of my first paperweights *cough* uh I mean pipes :D.

8. glass_guy420 is a pretty badass glassblower. His friend posted some sick pieces by him, but I can't remember her sn so I can't find the pics.

9. hell yeah, either way cant wait to see em

10. As long as you are properly ventilating your studio, I don't think it's hazardous to your lungs...

If you need some help finding a shop to start working in or need help locating some equipment to buy shoot me a pm, I might be able to help you out.

11. that would be sick

Hmm I need a new pipe let me go blow one!

12. Is that the same GG that makes those sick hash oil pieces along with HMK? That's sick though, at least one glass blower around these parts.

Thanks bro, I'll keep that in mind.

13. GGirl, hmk's sister, is the one who makes the oil pieces...I don't think these blowers are related at all...though i could be wrong.

14. Oh that's right it's GGirl. Gotcha thanks.

15. Could you link me someone?

im a lazy stoner

16. Link to what? An HMK/GGirl oil vape?