Any fellow blades DJ's? (Show your setup)

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by LightandSound, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Just realised that I have posted several times in here but haven't posted a pic of my setup. 1381780641024.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Close up of the customised right deck. Just need to find the time to do the other one now. 1381780715881.jpg

3. #63 PDR Greens, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    Heads up, unless your just using Timecode I wouldn't recommend putting a penny on the head shell. It will cue burn the shit out of your records. From a guy who used to have nickles on his 500ALs...Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Just use timecodes and occasionally use my old vinyls. The stylus is allmost dead so I need a penny on it to get a good timecode signal.

5. Got my Stanton T62 Turntables about a year ago, Big old Gemini Amp inside the cabinet and the speakers you can see at either side about a month after that, then got a load of vinyl and needles and ive been at it for about 9 months.

View attachment 5152

6. #66 MutherFuckerJones, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    Gemini Mixer too, will get some more pics.

Whats everyone actually listening too anyway?? 

I mainly just mix Drum and bass, anything from liquid vibes to jungle through to dark techy stuff and jump up.

7. I mainly listen/dj UK hardcore and old school jungle.

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382494232.739943.jpg

Not fancy or anything. :smoking:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. You need to get a hitch so you can get a step and DJ while driving!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Haha yeah dude. But no, that's not mine . I wish though. That'd be like a dream come true 😍

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I'm using a 4Trak with two Technics SB A50 speakers to bump. I'm hoping to pickup a Kontrol F1 for Christmas and incorporate that into my setup as well but, for now, I have my foot in the door.

12. #73 Acerbis, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    I mostly produce, not really dj much but my setup is a numark mixtrack pro (looking to replace it for a traktor s4) one akai mpk mini map'd for effects, looping and filters and a traktor f1 for sampling and some samson resolv a5s for the studio w a komplete audio 6 soundcard. Sadly i don't have a picture now but here's my soundcloud jajajaja....
    www.Soundcloud.com/marco-luzzatto

Listen to mostly house. Including all types. Started out listening to progressive and electro house (aka mainstream stuff). Now I've ventured into (straight-up) house and tech house. 

Every now and then Ill check out some trance and techno.

14. This thread has got me thinking... good stuff everyone.

15. Anybody here exclusively use turntables? Im thinking of getting a pair.

I know Technics 1200s are the best, but they're pretty pricey. Whats a good price range to pay for those? Whats the next best alternative to them?

16. Im thinking about getting the Denon MC2000 to play around with learn on...im still a beginner so im not really trying to shell out big money on a really nice rig atm

17. Ended up getting a numark mixtrack pro 2 since it was a little cheaper and I heard it is a really good board for beginners. Also got a mini keyboard with the money saved.The pic is the little setup we have going atm...

Attached Files:

Nice man. Enjoy the MTP. I had one and it was a great starter controller. Practice that beatmatching.

One thing I like (and hate) about the MTP is the small range the pitch lever can go. It was a bit of a pain for me to learn on, but once I did, CDJs are cake to beatmatch on.