any dudes going bald?

Discussion in 'General' started by potblower, May 13, 2010.

1. lookin in the mirror under the light yesterday and notices small patches in the front not missing but thinning out, looks like its going bald, iam 23 and heard of it happening but damn it sucks

2. Yup, same here. Sucks, I know.

Given the average age here though, you're not likely to get too many responses on this topic, but we'll see...

3. i shave my head bald, you can join me.

4. ^ never, ill never be like you jerry!

There are 2 medications approved to treat balding. The first is minoxidil (brand name Rogaine) which is applied directly to the scalp. It helps slow the balding in most men. In about 10 percent of men, it makes a dramatic difference and starts new hair growth. It may work best in men in their twenties and thirties who are just beginning to bald. It may take as long as a year to find out how well this medication works. The ongoing treatments can be expensive and if treatment is stopped, hair loss will begin again.

The second medication is finasteride, which is taken orally. Finasteride (brand name Propecia) blocks the action of a form of testosterone that appears to cause hair loss. It stops hair loss in over 80 percent of men, and starts new hair growth in about 50 percent. It may take up to a year to see results. Hair growth stops and balding resumes if the finasteride is discontinued.

anyone try these?

5. Not going bald, but I have noticed some gray hairs popping up.

6. yeah i'm going bald and i'm not even freakin 20 yet. lousy genetics my father passed on.
    it sucks ass, but you just gotta accept it i guess.

7. i gotta baaaaad receding hairline and im only 22 :mad: its just a matter of time before i shave it all off :(

8. I wouldn't mind going bald but I doubt it'll happen to me. Neither of my grandfathers nor my dad have been bald so it looks like I'm safe. If it did happen to me, I'd just shave all my hair off, become super built, and act like Mr. Clean.

9. Yeah 23 is about the time when I first noticed the spot forming on the top of my head. Since then it has got worse and my hairline is receding at the same time. Gonna be pretty bald by the time I'm 45 or so.

People have said: rogaine. To which I say: when I have a condition where I have to use medicine regularly, I'll do it, but not for some vanity shit.

10. <-----

Almost.

11. Right here. I've got a mean widow's peak

12. Thanks for posting some very good information on this, but I thought I read that these treatments generally work on bald spots (i.e. the pattern baldness that forms at the top of the head) and specifically will not work on pattern baldness that starts at the hairline in front. Can anyone confirm this?

Regardless, I probably couldn't afford the treatments. Not see anything for a fucking year? Shit, that would pretty much crush my weed budget, and between the two, I can tell you which makes me feel a lot better...:D:smoking:

13. I havea receeding hairline. It's my genetics. I'm 22....

14. I don't think I'm going bald but I do have an area where my hair is much noticeably thinner

Haha I have an extraordinarily obvious widow's peak

15. our hairlines are receeding into the night, what a cold world

16. one of my buddies started getting the "ceeder" at age 17, we all used to get on him pretty bad. one night at a party me and some friends were randomly up in a bathroom giving people fresh cuts, and he stumbled in and asked for a 1.5" trim all the way around (he liked to keep his hair long to cover the ceeder. we ended up giving him a bowl cut, and then shaving all his hair off.. he has never been the same since, and wears a hat 24/7.. probably even when he's fucking his girlfriend. now that i'm 21 it seems more and more common that people are rockin the ceeder.

17. Unfortuntly I am a little. It's been slow and steady since I was about 18.

My father and grandfather had thin hair but no real bald spots. I'm Asking what the fucker over here. :confused:

18. lmao

Yeah it sucks, im 22 and my hairline and the top of the head is definitely thinner than the side and back. Its not really noticeable yet so im still chillin I guess. But still its pretty depressing.
    Im not sure if i want to commit to a regime though, but I do want to keep what I have.

19. I aint goin bald,but it's probably in my genes...my dad started goin bald when he was 17.

20. My father also was bald by 20.

I've got a spotty case of alopetia, hair thick and vibrant red in the back and thin and grey towards the front.

I've shaved it before and it looks OK, but soon after it enters this horrible poofy stage and just makes me look crazier.