Any Drummers on GC?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Cudderisback, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I love to play stoned..
    I get so much better at improvising when high, it's ridiculous.

Got a ddrum dominion kit with Zildjian Avedis ride and crash and spash,
    and new beat hi hats..

Anyone else find drumming much more natural and fun high?

Post your setup!

2. I've been drumming for about 7 years now, its my favorite thing to do sober or high.

3. Went to Jazz Program for New School in NY (Mannes Music)
    I couldn't compete with Black Drummers. It took me a couple days and sometimes way more on exercising the materials when these guys nailed it in just a couple of session.
    I tried so hard not to give up hope but it's pretty hopeless when you see these cats beating the drums.
    I was honestly stoked being one of 5 drummers selected for the whole semester but it lasts only a 3 semesters before I decided to drop out and pursue Business.
    I wish I was talented as them or started really young.
    I started when I was 15 and got accepted at 19. I practiced a lot and everyone told me I was special lol.
    Anyways, I had a Yamaha Maple Custom in Natural Wood color. It was 6 piece set.
    Dave Weckle has been my favorite and I did try to imitate his style and piece.
    I also had a TD20S with expension board. And I also ended up selling it all.
    Music tored my life in early stage because I loved it so much and I cried many days in practice room because competition was just top notch.
    I tried so hard to be part of whatever gigs they're offering such as ballad trio, quartet, latin big band or whatever. I barely made it to be part of afro-cuban band and I was not sitting in the drums playing fucking tamberine.
    That experience I can never forget it. I still can't believe I was accepted to that program. Now I'm studying for CPA exam lol
    Gosh Do I love drumming?

4. Damn! Sounds intense lol..

I gotta say though, good choice on the music program..
    Jazz is soooo fun to play because drums takes on a whole new dimension..
    instead of just keeping the beat you accentuate the melody and feel out the music.

I'm more of a funk/rock drummer though