Any drummers in the house?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by _Leviathan_, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Anybody here love to get high and play drums? I find that if I smoke up I come up with insane ideas on the drums and have the ability to execute anything that comes to mind. It's especially fun for jamming with my bands and just letting creativity flow. I'm a new member, thought I'd say hi.

2. welcome homie, i wish i had a drum set here at my house. but i dont so w/e but i do enjoy a good jam session every now and then welcome to the city duder.

3. Hello and welcome!
    I dont play the drums, But I do have a bongo which I love to play while high. I found my old keyboard I had as a kid, that is a riot!!!

4. hey dude, first of all nice name, second, drummers are awesome, especially the good ones haha. i dont play but sometimes it seems like if i did learn, i would be good:p

5. I love rocking out on my drums blazed or sober.:hello:

6. #6 supernothing351, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    almost a 1 year drummer right here. ever since i started playing guitar hero i relly got into music. not only listening but creating. im so mad at myself for not starting earlier. i never knew i had so much hiden talent at drumming. ever since i started ive really turned into a metal head. my favorite band to play to is pantera. vinnie paul rocks!

oh yeah and i normally play sober but when i play high im way more creative and i can plan out each lil precise hit perfectly. i love it.

what kind of set do you have OP?

7. I have a red Pearl Export set. If you guys are into stoner rock you can check out my old band, Hand of Osiris that I played drums for at myspace.com/handofosiris .

8. Right here! Been playing for almost a year

9. i play my bassist's badass set a few days of the week wen were jamming. i can play a few beats and come up with crazy shit all the time. still debating as to wheter i should get one or not

10. I fuck around of guitar and drums, but i'm way better at drums when i'm drunk then high. When i'm high i can barely keep a beat.

11. I've been studying music for 15 years...

piano lessons when young
    took band as a course 5th-12th grade
    drumline 4 years in high school (pit and tenor drums)
    Drumset now for the last three.

I have a Yamaha MX6 set... it's ok. Nothing special.

12. The best way to drum. Sober you are more mentaly aware but high so creative. I take that to heart. I love Thomas Pridgen, Danny Carey, Matt Mingus and all drummers progresive and creative. Its a blast rockin my PDP X7 set. Keep on drummin

13. love playing high LOL, your right it does relax you and allow more intense drumming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. what? (contradictory?)

I've found that it's way harder to keep rhythm when high. I just get sloppy... rather be sober (then smoke afterwards :D) !!

15. Well Ive been playing for about 33 years, so maybe you need alittle more practice, LOL
    Hey to each his own I say. What ever works for you is what matters, Keep on drumm"in bro.

16. im a drummer. been playing almost 10 years now. playing drums high is amazing yet tiring, anyone agree?

17. I've been drummiung 5 years and playing bass for 6 I Like to smoke when writing riffs, songs and beats and also when i'm just jamming with a group but when it comes to performing the songs i like to play sober, esspecialy when shit gets complicated.

18. Been drumming since 3rd grade, there's nothing more meditative and relaxing...me and my buddy have been jammin' out for a couple years now, nothing too intricate, but it's fun nonetheless.