Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any down sides of having a MMJ Card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TSULLI, May 28, 2010.

1. other than this testing business, I think the doctors involved keep it on the dl, right? medical privacy and stuff? I've read the points regarding the privacy and records access from the mmj diagnosis giving doctors themselves and it seems really really straight. As long as you can keep things on the dl, you should be totally fine, eh? oh yah

2. wouldn't you be able to keep your mmj doctor records private and concealed from
    OTHER hospitals and doctors where you get the rest of your medical work? :p
    I'm pretty sure? anyway for that, c'mon I'ms ure about that

as long as your doctors outside the mmj doctoring don't run blood tests on you and find thc in your system... etc.

3. They drug test you. Not much you can do about that.

4. That's considered an addictions, but being dependent on Big Pharma's pharmaceuticals ISN'T????!

What planet am I on??? Oh yeah, nevermind...

5. Thanks for you input guys. I am going to try to make it down the the doc this weekend for a recommendation. I am sick of all the pills they are trying to give me. Not to mention pills scare the shit out of me haha.

6. Good luck on the rec man! hope you get it! MMJ is a total help.

7. Thanks man... I hope I get it too. All the pills they have put me on dont do anything so I am hoping this will help.

8. it would be great if someone could confirm this or correct me.:wave:
    you get your rec in CA, from then on its between your DR, you and who ever you tell... up until you go to a club an get verified, then you get "registered in the computer"?

also if anyone has had any expierience with bud or nug trader dot com....what does their verification consist of? same thing as the club? getting put into the computer?
    thanks

9. Okay, let's see if this can help clarify.

-Yes - it is completely between you and your doctor. YOU decide if someone has access to that information. Dispensaries will call or check online to verify, but they won't get any private information.

-You don't need to be verified for sites like BudTrader, Weedbay, etc. They mostly work like Craigslist and are free ads. The person selling the item may want to verify your recommendation prior to providing meds or clones, though.

10. thanks for the reply. someone was trying to tell me though that once you get verified at a club you get processed into the computer and potentially the "feds" know you have your card. basically does anything change if you have never gone into a club or been verified, then you go to a club and get verified....does something significantly change? i was under the impression that it does, which is why i havent attented any clubs..

11. No, you aren't processed into some sort of federal database. Most clubs keep the info on an encrypted drive. The ONLY time your name would be looked at by the feds is if the club is raided for doing something stupid, like failing to pay taxes. I recommend looking around at reviews for clubs, and try the highest rated clubs.

12. cool thanks, one last question, so going to a club theoretically shouldnt effect job offerings any more than have your recommendation would in the first place?

13. Nope, wouldn't make a difference at all.

14. Especially since the immuno-regulating, anti-inflammatory, and pain relief properties would be so helpful to transplant patients.