Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any down sides of having a MMJ Card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TSULLI, May 28, 2010.

1. Just curious if there are any down sides to having a mmj card... It doesnt seem like there would be but let me know. Thanks!

2. Smoke too much, spend too much money.

thats all i can think of lol

3. I'd imagine the cost, along with the inevitable faster buildup of tolerence. That's all that comes to mind.

4. Many Job offerings would let you down.

5. Yeah I would say easier access makes you spend more
    money. I've had to start smoking more because I wanted
    to try so many different strains and edibles. :rolleyes:

6. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ---yepper! :smoking:

7. ....hmmm..try not to get caught smoking with people who don't have their card..:eek:

8. What:confused::confused::confused:

I've been thinking of moving to cali and getting MMJ for my arthritis, would I really be turned down for jobs?!

The fuck?!?!

9. Only if they test you. In CA, there is no legal protection for mmj patients. Some employers are going away from marijuana testing since there is no real harm for most workplaces. My advice would be to check the policies of companies you apply to ahead of time. Most medium to larger sized companies have HR pages on their website with hiring information.

The other option is to hold out for a month or so before the test if possible. Land the job first, then get the card.

10. Don't quote me here, but I remember reading on NORMAL.org that some hospitals are denying organ transplants to people who have a MMC, which is fucking retarded.

11. People ask you to go to the club for them all the time.
    Or atleast people ask me all the time.

12. Pain clinics also are refusing patients. Kind of ridiculous considering the AMA's position on it.

13. Yea, for real, it's stupid considering that MJ has next to no adverse side effects to the liver and what not.

14. #14 pinkpipe, May 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
    It's not just affects on the liver. They consider it an actual drug addiction (no matter how much you use, or how often) and won't treat you on that basis. In their eyes, you're just looking for more drugs. :mad:

15. So it seems the only down sides would have to do with spending too much money or job stuff... How about as far as laws go? I have read that you will not be on a government list. Also a someone told me they were going to make it illegal again and then just bust everyone with a mmj card haha (I suspect he is just being paranoid... im sure we would be notified as well as hear it on the news)

Also I would just like to say the people on these forums are awesome! Most forums people just talk shit on each other but here everyone is nice haha... just thought I would point that out.

Thanks.

16. No - legally you're better off getting the card. If you get caught, they'll verify your card and you're often on your way. If not, you have a court hearing, show your recommendation, and it's almost always tossed. You can request any seized items be returned.

You aren't on a government list. CA doesn't compile a database on patients. In fact, they can't give any sort of solid number on how many patients actually exist. Your records are private, just like any other medical records.

As far as the job goes, would you be smoking pot anyways? If so, there really is no difference. Other states offer some protection for employees, but it is more difficult to get a recommendation.

17. I have a MM card and I find that I smoke less because I need less. Now that I have a choice of strains, I can pick what's best for me. I don't have to play Russian roulette with a dealer anymore. I'm spending less money now than I did on the street. I had to buy in bulk because I never knew when I would be able to get some again. With the better weed I use less. Plus I'm medicating a lot smarter these days. I bought a vaporizer and that also requires less cannabis use.

18. ive learned growing weed is hard ass work. oh wait, thats not a down side.

19. But it's fun too. I love growing. I just hate going through all that effort and finding you have a male. :p

20. whatchu talkin bout willis :cool: