Any dog lovers feel me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Toby, Feb 12, 2010.

1. I have a dog that I found on the street a few years ago that I named Anamush and she has been the best friend yu could ask for ever since:). We akways go on walks down by the Mississippi river and she runs wild while I walk the trails and check out the tags on bridges and things of that nature. I dont want to be long winded so ill get to the point, recently she has been coughing up a frothy bile type liquid.

So we took her to the vet and they took a chest x ray and the vet said that her lungs are seriously inflamed. They ran blood tests whn we brought her to the vet yeaterday and we are supposed to get the results back on saturday to find out if she has Blastomycosis, which is a fungus that is airborne and causes a yeast to grow inside of the lungs.
    I am very emotionally unstable at the moment due to a recent family loss on tuesday which was my great grandma who was 101. I am very scared that my best friend is going to die or I will have to shoot her to take her out of her misery, the vet said that she has maybe a 40% chance of living.

Does anybody have an idea on how to deal with all of this?:confused: or have an idea about what she is sick with. I sure as fuck hope that it isnt what the vet thinks it is.

The help is greatly appreciated if there is any to offer.

I hope she gets better and we can go for a walk to the places we used to hang out and I would chief with her by my side.:bongin:

2. sorry for some of the ignorance in your other thread.
    the internet is not the best place when looking for some compassion. even here most of the time.
    i don't have much to offer as far as advice on her condition goes, but good thoughts and healing vibes are on their way.
    no matter the outcome, just remember how you took her off the street and gave her love and companionship. if it weren't for you, she surely would have met a much worse fate long ago.
    i hope she recovers.

3. I've had a dog get sick and die. Some sort of bacterial infection of the liver, due to bad water that he drank. Although the vets didn't actually prove this after about $1,000 dollars worth of treatment. So the best thing you can do is hope. And i know this sounds childish and goofy, but just hope for the best. If your dog passes away, don't worry. His, conscious is only passing onto another form of infinite fractal like existence, or to heaven, or to nothingness.

And remeber its the dieing that hurts, not being dead itself. So as long as his dieing is bearable, you shouldn't feel bad about the passing of your best friend.

Do whatever you can to prevent his death, and whatever you can to make his dieing not hurt as much.

4. Good vibes your way dude, I hope your dog comes out alright.

Just hope man, and do exactly what the doctor tells you, and radiate positive energy. That's all you can do.

5. Well you took off the street so she's a fighter...

With animals there is a lot of uncertainty when they get sick but I think she has a good chance. How old is she do you think?

The younger the better

6. no advice except if you have the money..seek the best treatment

i picked up a puppy off the side of the road a month or so ago...he was starved and had worms...ribs showing ext...now i have him back to normal...a dog is really mans best friend

i hope your pup gets better

7. Fo sho I found a cocker spaniel and named him sunny because he was blonde and i convinced my parents to let me keep him and he was a nice dog but he got lung cancer and died after a brief three months. A year later my black cocker spaniel had to be put to sleep and it was the saddest day in my entire life because I basically had grown up with that dog and she was one of my only friends when I was a kid...kinda tearing up as I write this

8. What can you do, if she has to die she has to die. Just remember that if you didn't save her she probably would have been lying in some street bleeding to death three years ago. Good luck dude