any dj shadow fans?

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by chen, May 2, 2003.

1. i love his stuff along with other musicians like him such as dj logic, dj krush, and rjd2

this type of music is good fer spacin out and just thinking sometimes.

anyways if u havent heard of him (or them), basically its almost all instrumental, except for the songs that have other artists featured or the rare vocals that are sampled. but shadow (im not sure on the others but i assume they do pretty much the same thing) just finds old records to sample and makes his songs that way. no one plays any instruments for him, everything on his song is from old records every bass line, drum, etc and he just mixes it all together. the amazing thing is his stuff is actually music, and each song is unique, u can hardly tell it was cut and pasted together. unlike a lot of mainstream hip hop today where songs are sampled (and butchered), but sound exactly like the old version with little change and no creativity.

anyways check out his stuff... the album "endtroducing" is a good place to start. also check out the other artists that i mentioned hehe
    long live trip hop!

2. I LOVE DJ SHADOW!!

3. Private press was ill..... If your a shadow fan... ya should check out U.n.k.l.e. also if your into radiohead.... it was an awsome compelation project.

4. i cannot really call myself a fan as i've simply just not heard enough of his stuff... but from what i have heard....

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN! :D

Grasscity Deals Near You