Any dishwashers up in here?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ETID, Feb 10, 2012.

1. How many of you blades work in a kitchen/restaurant washing dishes or whatever? Do you blaze before or during work?

I just got my job a few weeks ago doing it after being jobless for a month and I gotta say it's not that bad. You don't have to deal with people that much and you're kind of in your own zone. I work for a pretty busy local Italian Pizzeria place and it can get kinda hectic on the weekends but I managed to work my way out of a mess and get my shit done.

I actually went to work pretty high the day before and had no trouble keeping up with the pace.

2. Ya man worked as a dishwasher for a couple months during the summer and the lack of interaction is nice.

I like to think about all the conversation and discussion that goes on between the waiter and the customers and how I had absolutely no part in it is pretty great feeling.

I had a machine where you slide plastic trays into the dishwasher machine that slides down over top of it. pretty EZ stuff and i got payed 9.00/hr to do it...zzz

3. I'm about to be one hopefully. I applied for a dishwasher position in my local pizza shop, and they told me to give them a call today. So I hope i get it. Any tips? Wish me luck!

4. My last job I smoked blunts while washing dishes. Fuck yeah!

5. I had that job when i was like 16.

Very tough work tbh, no washing machine and a relentless flow of dirty shit.

I was also an idiot and never wore gloves, and the washing up liquid fucked my hands up for a couple of years

6. I'm a barback at a gay bar/restaurant. I have to wash all the glasses and dishes, but I spend most of my time behind the bar, waiting to see if the bartender needs anything and just talking to people. I smoke before every shift...the trick is to just never be sober, so your bosses think you being high is just your normal personality. I even smoked before my interview, haha.

7. [quote name='"Jazzyj"']I'm a barback at a gay bar/restaurant. I have to wash all the glasses and dishes, but I spend most of my time behind the bar, waiting to see if the bartender needs anything and just talking to people. I smoke before every shift...the trick is to just never be sober, so your bosses think you being high is just your normal personality. I even smoked before my interview, haha.[/quote]

That's my philosophy as well

8. I used to wash dishes. I always just put one headphone in and went to it, once you get the rhythm down it's easy. I also got free food and pop, it was decent i guess.

9. I can't blaze and wash dishes.. It's hard as fuck not to zone out. But after washing dishes for 10 hours straight, I looooooove hitting the bong hard and getting nice and fucked up stoned.

10. Its an awesome stoner job, if it paid more then I would do it :smoke:

11. I washed dishes last summer for a pretty ritzy local restaurant. I never smoked before work, as I mostly just want to chill and do what I want when stoned, and because it would get pretty crazy on some days. Afterwards though, I'd go home, shower up, and spark a bowl in my back yard.

After one particularly stressful day, I had all my stuff together and I was leaving out the back, and one of my coworkers is there in his car telling me to get in. I thought it was a joke at first, but he told me to get in again, so I did. He and another coworker immediately pass me a cherried pipe, and I took it like a starving child. It wasn't too surprising, cause pretty much everyone in the kitchen and all the bussers were stoners, but it was a great way to end a day. :smoke:

12. Best blazing job there is and you don't have to fuck with customers. Problem was i'd always come home with soaked shoes cause of the spray nozel was powerful and all the water would drip off the wet apron. I remember it gave me a really high tolerance for hot water. Nothing would burn me after a while.

13. Kitchens are the ultimate stoner job, gotta say cooking is way more fun than washing dishes but its kinda nice in your own lil world...but id rather get 13 an hour for bustin food out

14. I don't have a machine either haha just three sinks. One for washing, one for rinsing off, and the other to put clean stuff to cool off in cold water. I'm about to go in to work now actually but I got no weed to burn :(

Oh I also get tips at the end of the night and last Friday I got 20 bucksssss.. :hello:

15. Yessir. Pretty high class kitchen. Who said it doesn't pay good? I make double min wage :smoking:

16. :wave: I only do my own at home :eek: I don't pay mylself well :p. Everytime I do the dishes though I always think it wouldn't be a bad job for a stoner. I'm always high as fook and on auto pilot when I'm cleaning :smoke:

17. Where do you work. I will secretly get you fired and apply five minutes later. Sorry but that's awesome. I know a somewhat mentally challenged man who washes dishes for the same company for 30 years and only gets 10 or 11 dollars an hour. 30 fucking years!! I started there with 9 an hour.

18. I've done it when dishwashers don't show up or something.

It's not a hard job, just move quick and find shortcuts without violating any laws.

I know for a fact 99% of dishwashers don't know how to read safety laws.

19. I can tell you most don't give a flying fuck. I knew this young black dude that would just rinse shit off and put it back and play on his phone the rest of the day. He eventually got fired.