any Death Metal/Metal fans on here?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Xenopsy, Oct 14, 2010.

1. so I am a really big music fan. I like whatever sounds good or is pretty catchy. Since I am pretty new to this forum I thought I'd post around and get to know some folks. Any Death Metal fans around here? My favorite band of all time is Pantera; cause their fuckin sick.

Some good examples of death metal-- Necrophagist, Cannibal Corpse, The Faceless, Dying Fetus, Gorgasm, Decapitated.. And so on. So if your a fan of metal or whatever sounds good to you- post some bands you feel like sharing.

What's your favorite song to get stoned to? For me it's either, Use My Third Arm by Pantera or 25 Years by Pantera.​

2. #2 million, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    I love all those band you listed, well excep for The Faceless I never heard of them but I might check it out now. Cannibal Corpse is def one of my favs. Love Suffocation, Six Feet Under, Nile, Kataklysm, Morbid Angel, Vader, Bloodbath, Mudvayne.

I think this is what I smoke to the most...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6nrglujp1U]YouTube - SUFFOCATION - "Abomination Reborn"[/ame]

:metal::)

3. the faceless are so good.
    so good its not even funny.

some good death metal bands to check out (if u havent heard of them allready)

cephalic carnage (deathgrind with loadsa crazy technical shit, songs about weed)
    fleshgod apocalypse (insane drums, fast as hell, very very brutal)
    ion dissonance (insane math metal, sounds like meshuggah a bit)
    sumatra (epic technical deathcore, but not shitty)

4. Nice to see that when someone says Metal they don't mean bands like suicide silence, parkway drive, and all that shit. But I like symphonic death metal and morwegian/sweedish metal the most

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wam4t9Kam7c&feature=related]YouTube - Septic Flesh - Persepolis[/ame]

[​IMG]

5. I'm not a huge Death Metal fan anymore, but I still like most metal. I used to listen to some Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Necrophagist for sure (although it starts to sound the same after a while), now I'm more into more normal shit like Opeth (half metal half acoustic, lol), Children of Bodom, Skeletonwitch, Machine Head, haha.

6. i'm not too much of a death metal fan,but i listen to pretty much all metal

7. Fuck yeah guys! how bout any shows you've seen of bands you listed. I can post a few.

3/1/09 - The Faceless(headline), Misery Index, Predominate Mortification, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Disfigured.

10/6/09 - Trivium(headline), Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, Dirge Within.

12/8/09 - The Faceless(headline), Dying Fetus, Beneath The Massacre, Enfold Darkness, Suffokate, Vital Remains, Disfigured.

2/2/10 - Veil of Maya(headline), Animals as Leaders, Circle of Contempt, Periphery, Falsetta.

7/22/10 - SUMMER SLAUGHTER TOUR '10 - Decapitated(headline), The Faceless, All Shall Perish, The Red Chord, Veil of Maya, Cephalic Carnage, Decrepit Birth, Carnifex, Animals as Leaders, Vital Remains.

8/3/10 - The Devil Wears Prada(headline), Miss May I, and... Some band I don't remember lol. I just went to this show because my friend had an extra ticket to use. Fuhh sho.

Those are all the shows I can remember right now.. I've been to a dozen more I just cant remember at the moment.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpfz5Vnr-_A]YouTube - Death - Flesh And The Power It Holds[/ame]

9. I love me some thrash metal.

Megadeth
    Pantera
    Testament