Any danger to using pesticides?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tommatt, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Besides people that want to keep it 100% organic, is there any downside really? i'd assume since I'm doing hydro I'd want to make sure it didn't drop into my water.

I have some indoor houseplant pesticide that says good up to day before harvest. I'll still flush, and haven't seen any bug damage, but think it would be good to spray anyways. I've had some flys around, have fly traps. I saw one black tear shaped bug crawling on a leaf once, haven't seen it again. I sprayed the same pest defesne I spray around the house around the grow room (corners etc...) before going in there.

So, is there really any downside? I've noticed some bottom leaves are kinda dying, but I assume its all natural so far. All my house plants, yard plants, bottom leaves sometimes die. I know this could be a sign of pests, so am thinking of using that pesticide I spoke of.

2. Maybe get some neem oil. i had pests and i know it kills over 200 species of pests and is completley safe for the plant!!!

3. Neem oil is organic as well, there are several of those options for pesticides (usually made from oil extracts or cinnamon). Normally if it's OK for fruits & veggies it's OK for MJ, but be careful about that during flowering as those buds can let that spray cling and cause mold problems or worse.

4. Thanks for the tips guys. I will look into finding some neem oil, and use the stuff I currently have in the mean time, while monitoring to make sure its ok.

5. You can get Neem oil from Amazon for about $9 (concentrate)

6. Tommatt

The organic neem seed and karanja seed oils and meals from NeemResource.com contain 3x the amount of Azadirachtin than conventional neem seed oil like Dyna-Gro.

The organic product comes in @ 4500 PPM and Dyna-Gro comes in at 1400 PPM at about the same price.

HTH

LD

7. Just ordered some neem soil today Amazon.com: Dyna-Gro Pure Neem Oil - 8 Ounces: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Got it for $11 off the actually sellers site :)

Saw the little black bug again today on the floor. Have no clue how he's hanging around, I've sprayed the plants with safe side, and the room/ajoining room with not so safe stuff. Fuckers dead though now :) Definately a beetle of some sort. Maybe a cm in lengh, if that. Maybe the size of the camel on a camel cigarette. All black, tear shaped.

Any tips on applying it?