Any Console Gamers Switching To Pc Gaming?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by I Don't Grow, May 31, 2013.

Sorry to say this but If you think that SONY will allow used games in the same fashion that it was seen before this new generation (ie you can do whatever yo want with used games) then you are wrong.  

The reason XBOX has to charge money to reload used games is because of the publishers like EA and Activision not getting a good profit off of used games.  Sony is going to be under the same pressure from publishers and developers to push the new used game idea.  Whether or not it will be affordable is another question, I believe sony will only charge around 10-15 dollars for the service.

And if sony doesnt want to do this? Ea can just be all like "Oh hey sony you know that FIFA game you really like ?? haha well guess what you cant have it anymore if you dont start charging to reload used games.

2. I made the switch to pc and really like it. There's hardly any load time and the graphics are really good.
    Online game play is better than console as well I think.
    One thing I don't like is that there's some games that you can't get on pc that you can on console. Just how it goesI suppose.

3. #23 Synyster Jesus, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013

And vice versa.

I've flip-flopped a couple times from console to PC to console and now again to PC.

I failed to read the first post so I don't really know what this thread's about, however: Console = affordability, user friendly. PC = just a better experience every time and what games should be played on.

The biggest deterrent of PC gaming, other than cost, is probably the learning curve. Yes, a keyboard and mouse requires a bit of patience and effort to learn, but once you get the hang of it, you can't beat it.

That said, I still have my Xbox 360 strictly due to the exclusives like Halo and I think I'll also be copping a PS4 after the price drops.

4. I use a 360 controller for pc gaming still. Alot of people say you're not a real pc gamer if you use a pad but It's the same as I'm used to so why change if I don't have to?

5. Oh yea a lot of people do that, but depending on what games you play, a keyboard and mouse could be way better like in FPS games where accuracy and reflexes are paramount.

No, you are wrong. Sony itself is not forcing any DRM on PS4, but third party publishers can impose DRM as they please. EA has already done away with their DRM disaster with the online pass. 

I PC gamed in the 90's. Got into consoles in the 00's because being in school most of my friends and I would gather up at somebody's house. Stuck with it for online gaming with the 360. After a while I just realized how much I missed PC gaming. Sold my bedroom TV, 360 and laptop to help fund a build. Got over $2k into it now and kind of regret spending that much, but I'm constantly upgrading and future proofing it. 

7. #27 llllllllll, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013

Hey good job replying to my post days after E3 and sony released information about the PS4 to a speculative post I made weeks before E3 or any news on PS4 had been released.

It was already confirmed prior to E3... So you're saying you called somebody out on "being wrong" based upon your own speculation? 

9. #29 llllllllll, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    No it wasn't officially stated.

Hence the reason the crowd was so excited after the news was released live and why everyone was holding their breath before sony @ E3.

10. I quit playing consoles when Nintendo took my favorite game "Zelda"and made new games that could only be played on the new Nintendo systems......silly to have several different consoles just to play one game so I turned to my pc and never regretted the jump LOL 

11. PC has some cool looking horror games. I love my PS3 but I definitely wanna do a lil PC gaming

12. Yeah, the new amnesia game is pretty tight.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

Yeah it does and since you have to sit up close to your monitor it makes it better to get freaked out. Trying playing the game "Outlast" at night when you're home alone with all the lights/tvs turned off and a good pair of headphones with the volume turned way up. It's terrible for your heart lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u2Z5aRqtfAE

14. I was a console gamer until last year. I slowly started getting parts (the only console at the time that kept me entertained was my 3DS). I finished it about a month ago, and now I'll never look back.

My specs (all and all cost me about $800);

Thermaltake Armor A30
    Asrock 960GM/U3S3 FX
    Nvidia GTX 760
    AMD Vishera
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    32GB SSD (for my OS)
    1TB 7200RPM harddrive
    Rosewill 850W Bronze Edition Modular power supply

15. I made the switch to PC a little over a year ago and I couldn't be happier.  The only thing I missed about console gaming was lounging on my couch playing games, so I built another gaming PC to hook up to the TV in the living room and I use an XBox 360 controller with it. 

The whole "it costs too much" thing regarding PC gaming is a long-standing myth.  You can build a capable gaming PC for around $600, assuming you already have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.  You don't have to spend "a grand or two".  Also, once you build your PC, all you have to do is upgrade parts every now and then instead of buying a whole new machine every "generation" like you do with consoles.

17. I dont trust windows enough..fucking windows has shitted on my asus laptop twice now.

User error... 

Then I'd blame it on the hardware inside that ASUS laptop.  I'm currently running Windows 7 on all three of my gaming rigs, and for the 10-15 computers I've built for friends and family.  Not a single issue with any of them. 

20. Then switch out of Windows 8.