Any computer savvy stoners here?

Discussion in 'General' started by _Dutch, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Alright, so I got a brand spankin' new MacBook Pro. I wanna run Windows on it via Boot Camp and then play Oblivion.

I have a copy of Windows XP (it's my friend's) but there is no validation key or whatever because it has already been used. Is there anywhere I can get a key that will work?

On to Oblivion -- I am almost finished downloading a torrent of Oblivion. When it's done, can I just log into Windows and play it, or do I have to go through all that confusing shit like "unrar"ing and unzipping and burning and stuff?

If you can answer any or all of my questions, thank you very much, the luddite inside me appreciates it.

2. Dont think we can talk about warez stuff here. Not sure.

If its an .iso file you have to mount the image then install.

3. Mount the image? You mean burn the .iso files to a disc?

4. An .iso if a virtual image of a cd. It basically means you 'mount the image to a virtual drive' on your pc. So the computer thinks you have the cd in the computer. Or you can burn the .iso to a cd-rom.

5. I just don't get how to "mount" the image. And even burning, I know that to do that on a PC you use something like Nero or PowerISO to burn it to a disc but to my knowledge those programs don't work on Macs. And even though i'm installing Windows, i'm still doing all this on a Mac.

6. Use the program called DaemonTools to mount(load) any .iso.. Its free and easy to use. As for the Mac. I don't know much about Mac. Mainly windows.