any colorado peeps in here?

Discussion in 'General' started by flashlight, Aug 15, 2010.

1. #1 flashlight, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
    hey guys...its been my goal/dream now for about 3 years to move to colorado and possibly start my life there. Ive lived in NJ my entire life, and while it used to be a beautiful place and still is in parts, its become wildy overcrowded, rude, self centered and egotistical to the point that it makes me sick.

its time for a change and i am not tied down in any way right now. I have a great and close family here whom I iwll miss tremendously, but this is somehting i need to do for myself.

as it stands, my company should likley let me work from home wherever i want...

colorado is 99% where I will end up..if my company says no, it may be NorCal since California is in my territory...

anyway,

i have done YEARS of research of colorado and will be visiting in the next few months to really narrow down my options..

heres what I am looking for:

I travel 50% so i need to access Denver airport no more than 45 minutes away..

i really would like to live in boulder rather than denver...

ive looked into broomfield thinking it was the best of both worlds, but does anyone have any info on Broomfield? Im a 25yo single male so...im not looking to club it up or anything like that...im very happy in local pubs and dirty bars to be honest...

looking for friendly people, and great scenery. i mountain bike, i hike, camp and backpack on a weekly basis, and snowboard in the winter...

what do you guys think? money is not too big of an issue in terms of rent...id say anywehe up to 1200 or so a month would be fine...

ideally i like somehting very private, woodsy and maybe lake front or lake views..im not ino crowds or lots of people up in my biz....i do have a car and would like a garage..

opinions? suggestions? again, im reallly leaning toward boulder area, so if you know of towns that offer what im lookin ffor then let me know... ive been seraching for small lake communities, where i could find a nice little cabin, but i cant find too much of that near boulder...more int he south west and south east which is a little deserty for my taste...

2. For real? I just posted something similar about CO last night :) I was saying similar things about some parts of the east coast myself. I grew up in Philly and surrounding areas and for the past few years was in New England and I have grown disappointed with the vibe. I am looking into CO and houses now but more towards Denver. I need to be there for Medical reasons mostly and like I said the vibe... out in CO heads are friendly in comparison and those who disagree need to get out of thier circles and routine. We lost two friends in phila this summer due to violence and I am just ready. I have to go to class now but will hit you up later flashlight....Peace