Any coconut oil eaters?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mantikore, Nov 30, 2015.

1. It's great lube. And for massage and oral. Great stuff indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you are sick and need to take oregano oil which is extremely strong on its own, add some coconut oil in a teaspoon and then drop the oregano oil in the middle. The coconut oil masks the strength and taste and you get no burn :)

3. Oh yeah, we use Coconut Oil for everything. Use it in the pan for cooking eggs, frying potatoes, frying tortillas, etc. And sometimes I'll just eat a teaspoon of it. Great stuff.

4. What do you guys think of Ghee? I personally love it and some say its better than coconut oil due to the abundance of important vitamins and minerals.

5. Haha, I was brought up on ghee/clarified butter. It's is VERY fattening, so be aware that there are some positives to it and the fact theres minimal additives as opposed to butter, but it's not very healthy when compared to the alternatives.

I love coconut oil but it's so expensive here, I try to get the large tubs when i get a chance in Costco.

So many advantages; cooking, moisturising, vegan friendly alternative when cooking and of course lube!

Just done a batch of canna coconut oil and it's AMAZING!

Vegi

Sent from an outer space intergalactic dimension 100 light years away...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just got my first jar of it. Been using oil for so long, and so often. It's a much healthier alternative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Coconut oil GTFOH.

8. Perfect video!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I love this.

10. Superior for edible cooking to rendering butter. Coconut oil FTW!

11. it's one of my staple foods, along with eggs

• Like Like x 1
  12. Didn't read the whole thread but yes, very healthy and good for many applications, replacing butter or just off the spoon. Not much is needed so I wouldn't go crazy with it, fast uptake even though being a fatty... it's a source of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that release energy to the cells fast, they don't get stored. Make sure it's organic extra virgin.

13. doesn't have to replace butter, butter is delicious and it can coexist with coconut oil in your life

14. yes this is true... grass-fed butter, no salt of course... this being for fitness and health.

15. i am happy when we get along