Any coconut oil eaters?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mantikore, Nov 30, 2015.

1. I used to love butter.. well salty things. I'd add butter to broccoli, salt or soy sauce to meats that were already salted.. my grandma used butter in everything. I don't think it is the cause, but ever since I started using CO, I've used less butter and now I find it gross. Like it is ok in a small amount, but really.. you're not missing much.

You should try adding some peppermint oil.. or other pain relieving oils. Their effect probably won't be as pronounced as store bought stuff, but they can have a decent effect. Really depends on where the pain is coming from.

2. Trader Joe's atm. Not that it doesn't work well but I seem to prefer other brands. Likely entirely because how cheap it is makes me skeptical.

Idk man all im saying is someone's getting fucked or im getting the hookup if a 16 oz jar og organic virgin is $6

3. Made variations of this in the past but liked for spreading a good recipe

4. #64 Delphinidins, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    Coconut milk is very thick and strong/heavy on its own you have to dilute it to make drinkable milk. My favourite coconut milk that is really tasty without added sugar has this information in the ingredients.

Filtered Water
    Organic Coconut Milk (20%)
    Organic Brown Rice
    Sea Salt

You can also make Healthy Non-Dairy/Vegan Ice-cream with coconut milk or bananas and if you perfect the recipe its actually better/tastier then Dairy Ice Cream and much healthier too.

I once made it with mixture of frozen bananas and coconut milk and cacao powder and was the best ice cream ever made. Sadly i forgotten the recipe you'll have to surf around on the net.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've heard that coconut oil foods are best for weight loss.? Is it true. If yes then please guide me about it.

6. I am sure others can weigh in too.. but really, all you need to do is use coconut oil to replace butter. Any recipe you have that calls for butter, you can replace it with the same amount of coconut oil. Most coconut oil doesn't have a strong coconut taste.. it's rather subtle, so it doesn't overpower your food. I've swapped coconut oil for butter in cake and brownie recipes and think that they taste a lot better that way.

• Like Like x 4
  7. That's good to know, I'll surely try this

8. Dang, got 54oz of organic unrefined cold pressed virgin coconut oil at Wal-Mart for $20. I had been paying $26 elsewhere

• Like Like x 2
  9. I don't like the taste of it, to be honest. lol .. it kinda gives me headaches. I'm a bigger fan of olive oil.

I tried making cannabutter with coconut oil, too.. and failed miserably. To this day, I've always used milk chocolate as a way of infusing marijuana into food.. without fail.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coconut oil is One of my favourites!
    Sometimes where its sourced is important. I would rather pay for quality coconut oil from places like Papua New Guinea or similar Islands that come from fresh virgin forests that result in a higher overall quality and health and possibly nutrient density.
    • Appearance –It should be white in its solid form, and colorless as a liquid. Coconut oil stays liquid in temperatures above 25° Celsius (75° Fahrenheit), and will solidify like butter in lower temperatures or if refrigerated. Simply put it under low heat or leave it out for a few minutes to transform it into liquid.
    • Aroma and flavor – It should smell and taste like coconut, but should not be overpowering or strong. If it tastes neutral and is odorless, then it’s been refined. If it smells roasted or smoky, it may have been heat-pressed.
    • Shelf life – High-quality coconut oil can stay fresh for up to two years. It does not need refrigeration, but should be stored away from direct sunlight.

I usually buy coconut oil that is labeled organic, virgin (or extra virgin), and cold-pressed.

HTH

• Like Like x 2
  11. Looks good.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Coconut oil is so amazing!!! I use for a million things. I rarely cook with oil but when I do it's coconut:) I use it to make a vegan breakfast scramble(crumbled soft tofu and nutritional yeast mix. Beside cooking I use it for:
    1. Hair
    2.oil pulling(teeth)
    3. Body scrubs
    4. Skin
    5. And lubrication. I have sensitive skin.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Anybody have any receipts they can share with that they have been using the coconut oil with? Does it work with everything?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I just made some bomb ass chocolate last night.

Coconut Oil Chocolate - The Coconut Mama

I used half maple syrup and half honey. The maple syrup separated In the cooling process So the chocolate was oozing with maple syrup. It was like crack, I could endlessly devour it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. I had an idea for extra toxic and heavy metal removal by pairing Coconut Oil pulling with Activated Charcoal and possibly a drop of peppermint or oregano oil and maybe even chlorella.

Since many people use oil pulling for oral detox and health why not take the detox to the next level and add small amounts of other extremely detoxifying and antibacterial natural substances.

• Like Like x 2
  16. My dog was getting an ear infection and I mixed some tea tree oil with coconut oil and used it to clean her ear out. It cleared up real fast.

• Like Like x 3
  17. I'm the same :p I tried coconut oil for eating, also the coconut milk, I can't say that the taste was so bad but it's definetely not mine :)
    I prefer to use it only for my hair care :rolleyes: I had some serious problems with my hair after several bleachings and dyings so I was searching the special tips for restoring it :confused: And as I noticed from different resources like this one or this it's a very popular natural ingredient for making your hair healthier, it really helps but is not very convinient for those who has a greasy type of hair as I noticed from my own experience :confused:
    In food I prefer the olive oil too, especially for the salads :)

18. I use it to oil up pans - high smoking point.
    I use it to get my afro looking good.
    My mom uses it as a moisturizer.
    On my food
    Used to use it for oil pulling
    Lube
    And for making edibles

Very useful oil.

Sent from my A460G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. there is a deal at tropical traditions now for two gallons coco oil for $100... virgin gold label oil
    I've used it for a few years and is about as virgin as it gets...