Any coconut oil eaters?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mantikore, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Turmeric Tea Golden Milk Recipe

Ingredients
    1 can of Coconut Milk plus 1 cup of water OR 2-3 cups of homemade coconut milk
    1 teaspoon Turmeric (where to find it)
    1 teaspoon Cinnamon (where to find it)
    1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste
    Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
    Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
    Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)

Instructions
    Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
    Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
    Drink immediately

TIP: Throw in a lil coconut oil :)

2. Interesting! I don't like coconut milk, maybe I will substitute almond milk and add coconut oil. I have made turmeric tea and I actually think it's good. Ill try this

3. All I can say is radiation....

4. The last one I made was kind of like part junk food, part good food. I took a tablespoon each of Butterfinger baking bits, coconut oil, hemp seeds, then tried a lil bit of powdered peanut butter. I tried adding ginger to one.. but it threw off the taste too much. Everyone who tried them loves them.. and think it's better without the PB. My boss said he'd prefer a Snickers type.. so I might try to figure out a way to do that.

If you or anyone else feels like playing with combos.. with the coconut oil you can get about 2-3 tablespoons of dry/hard ingredients to 1 tablespoon of CO. I haven't tried any with fruit.. not sure the best way to go about it. I thought about dried fruit.. but I don't think it'd be very flavorful unless you maybe cook them together a bit. Could probably do fresh fruit chopped up in bits.. but that requires more work than I want to do right now.. and probably wouldn't keep as long as with dried.

5. If you're worried about radiation.. perhaps you should leave this planet.. err.. this solar system.. I mean, the Milky Way. No, you're going to have to leave the universe.. because radiation, including microwaves, is all around us.. bombarding us from natural sources as it is. Any radiation that you and your food receive from a microwave is but a drop in the bucket.

6. Also don't fly if you're scared of radiation. 45 mins of flying is worse than an x-ray.
    I Googled the shit out of microwaves and their effect on food and us and all the fear is unwarranted

7. #47 oldskoolgrower, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016

Microwaves are not the kind of radiation you seem to think they are. They are energetic short wavelength photons that when used to prepare food do so by heating the water in the food, by exciting the molecules. They won't give you cancer or cause you to grow a third are.

Sunlight is radiation. The heat from your stove is radiation. Radiation is anything that radiates.

EDIT: I use coconut oil daily in cooking and sometimes to take as a supplement. It is one of the healthiest fats one can consume. Tasty too.

8. you got me

9. I thought microwaves did decrease the nutrition though, I can't recall where I read it. But it compared different methods, usually boiling was worse due to leeching. Not for sure.

10. It's heat that destroys the nutrients. Any heat will do so.

11. #51 mandijames00, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
    I appreciate your research.

12. Yes microwaves do slightly reduce the nutritional value as does any type of cooking. The more a food is processed generally the less nutritional value, however 3 mins in the microwave isnt going to damage or reduce nutrients anymore than using a stove or oven.

13. Thanks for the tips, I'm not too sure on dried fruit I'm not a big fan myself, I like nuts and stuff like that and the snickers one definitely sounds like a good idea.

14. Also I've read about cannabutter on this site which i've heard is good to cook with. Have you ever made this? Just wondering if its worth the effort to make as supposedly it takes around 45-60 mins just to make the cannabutter.

http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/blog/tasty-treats-ma...

15. I've never made cannabutter, but I've cooked bud in peanut butter and/or coconut oil before. Making canna-coconut oil is pretty much the same as cannabutter.. but said to be better than using butter. Pretty much any recipe that uses butter, you can substitute coconut oil. I've made cakes and brownies where I swapped the butter for coconut oil and they tasted great.. had a smoother texture I think. There are different ways of processing bud and coconut oil or butter, a lot to get into. There are a ton of recipes in the edibles forum, under the medical smoking and usage forum.. the better recipes will be from BadKittySmiles and PsychedelicSam.

16. So I hate cleaning.. and provided there isn't like colonies of bacteria growing, I usually don't clean. So my shower get build up on the floor, like a light gray from soap and dirt. Lately I've been doing my coconut oil cleaning.. I'll run CO all over me before getting a shower. This gives it time to sink in and help separate dirt and dead skin. Then I get a shower and scrub with a shower sponge, no soap. I don't get many pimples to begin with, but I haven't had a new one pop up since I've been using the CO to get clean. My skin is looking a lot clearer actually.. and wounds from work that have been taking forever to heal are starting to heal quicker.

Cool thing is.. it is also cleaning my shower at the same time. Where my jar sits, it drips down a lil bit and the spot it is hitting is bright white again. The shower floor is even getting cleaner. Most the CO stays on me, but a good bit gets washed down and sticks to the floor.. then I'm guessing it sits there and starts to penetrate the grime, then gets washed down the next shower. Think Ima keep doing this.. cause while CO is expensive, one $10 jar should last me a month or a lil longer.

17. What brand CO is everybody using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I use Ojio and NOW.

Cool info mantikore, I have plenty of wounds from work and get pimples here and there. I've tried it but haven't been consistent enough to notice results. I shall start again, thanks.

CO is great for taking off makeup if anyone is a girl or knowns one. My gf loves it for that.

I get it from a local shop but here is the NOW

m.luckyvitamin.com/p-581558-now-foods-real-food-virgin-coconut-oil-organic-54-oz

Or the one gallon which lasts quite a long time, 6-8months for me

www.myojio.com/ojio-coconut-oil-raw-organic-food-1-gallon.html

19. being allergic to milk, I find it a good butter substitute

-Yuri

20. I like to mix mine into some hot chi tea before bed, like taking a muscle relaxer and I sleep like a baby. Also added some soy lichen while making a separate batch, I then add pure aloe to it and use that for lotion. Don't really know if it really helps with my chronic pain but my skin sure feels nicer after lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app