Any climbers on here?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by barfy, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Any of you rock climbers?
    What type of climbing do you prefer?
    How often do you climb? 
    Tips and tricks?

For me I definitely prefer outdoor climbing and i alternate between toprope (can't lead yet) and bouldering. Right now it's bouldering.

Currently i'm only bouldering like 7-8 hours a week but hopeing to be doing two hours a day all week come January when i have fewer clases.

Foot work man! Slow down and work on it, don't just muscle your way through. Oh and get one of those foam squeezy balls and one of those hand held gyroscopes. So helpful for building hand strength.

2. You guys should climb, I thought there'd be at least one response

3. I climb my stairs at least twice daily. I know a guy that climbs a ton and he's ripped. Looks exhausting, not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Haha it's definitely tiring but it's fun

5. I'm not really just a climber, but I hike/climb 14ers here in Colorado. Nothing above Class 3 though.

(Tim)
    -No donut is more delightful-
    =Dumars=

6. Mt of the Holy Cross: 14,005ft.

I took this picture right after sunrise. Was a Class 2 hike with very minimal scrambling if at all.

(Tim)
    =Dumars=

Attached Files:

7. ^That's very cool. The only thing I've hiked that looked similar to that was Mt. Lassen in California (I think), but that was a long time ago. Have you ever been to Glacier Lake (California as well I believe)?

8. Forgot to come back to this. Nope. I haven't been to Cali in my life. If I do, I wanna visit Yosemite and head down to hike Mt Whitney (the highest point of elevation in the 48 mainland states).

I live in Colorado so as you can tell, I have a lot to choose from. Hoping to do two or three 14ers like the one I pictured above this year. In fact, I might just have to make a thread about it.

(Tim)
    =Dumars=