any christian tokers?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by somevelvetmorn, Sep 2, 2009.

1. I am a christian, although I believe in conditional immortality which is a little different. Any other christians here? If so, do you keep your toking private or public with your christian friends?

2. i know a ton of closeted atheists/agnostics who toke but keep that portion of their life completely separate from their christian cohorts

3. Its funny I remember trying to argue that weed is a sin but I could never really come up with a real reason.

4. I have a friend who is a christian that I smoke up with. I find it kind of weird, but I really have no clue why I feel that way - there is nothing wrong with it besides the illegality.

5. Me, It's not a sin. It's funny, the government is against weed more than Christianity. They hate Christians, but yet they teach you as children (if your a christian) that it is a sin to smoke.

The only reason people say that, is because it is illegal. God HATES the human law.

I am a full on Christian toker. :smoking:

6. Well I'm Catholic. And like the last guy said, i couldnt come out with the reason why its a sin, and its nothin thats gonna stop me from receiving communion

7. Not according to the Bible:

Romans 13:1-5 - God ordained governing authorities. To resist them is to resist God's ordinance. Those who disobey may be punished by the authorities, but they also have harmed their conscience toward God.

1 Peter 2:13,14 - Submit to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake

8. A verse in the bible is also, Treat your body as it is a temple.

9. Yes i am a christian toker as well, proud of it.

10. Christian anarchism - Anarchopedia

above is a decent description of christian anarchism. i do consider myself a christian anarchist. especially in america, i don't see how anyone could call themselves a christian and a supporter of the government. unfortunately, things like war, bigotry, and non-tolerance for peaceful drug users/dealers has become characteristic of the modern christian church. it's really very sad.

it's also really sad that i have to hide me cannabis usage from all my christian friends and family, because otherwise they would flip out and possible no longer speak to me. sometimes i think i should just come out about it and then i'll see who my real friends are. anyway, how could god condemn such a beautiful thing as weed?

11. I would take that bible you are reading and throw it in the trash.

Our government is Luciferian, just like the Nazis were. ;)

Rom 13: Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

God clearly gave us every herb bearing seed for 'meat' in Genisis.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Smoking is no sin. :smoking:

Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Mat 15:20 These are [the things] which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

12. Two words, two sentences:

Thank you.
    So true.

These verses pretty much slap every christian against weed in the face. :hello:

"but which cometh out the mouth" Maybe we should ghost hit the shit? XD

Keep tokin. :smoking: