Any chance of getting tracked through here?

Discussion in 'Security' started by nothingilegal, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Im not doing anything illegal. And im not being paranoid or anything but is there anyway the police could find you or have access to your email and go through that route on here or is there personal protection data and stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Is any data and stuff protected once its on the internet? This is the new world that we live in every thing that we put on to the internet is cashed and saved until the end of time.

3. your concerns are warranted, no need to defend your "paranoia." Yeah they could track you through here, but they can't access your email through here unless they get your password, and they can't use anything from your email even if they get access to it unless they have a warrant. They could feasibly get a warrant though.

Just don't advertise any illegal activity and don't advertise your identity (unless cannabis is legal where you are and you dont mind) and you should be fine, if there were a bunch of cases of people being tracked through grasscity, I'm sure people would've heard about it by now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Could be wrong but I recall hearing the server is overseas.

Plus we're all pretty low on the totem pole as far as the crimes committed.

5. If the server is overseas it's more difficult for them to get a warrant and search the server, but they could just as easily use the website just like any other user to try and track people who put personal info where they shouldn't. All access to the server would do is give them the ability to see info that is private, which for most people who are cautious wouldn't have any sensitive info held by the server that is private anyways.

6. Nice replies guys. I live in England,uk where it is legal to possess seeds and the equipment but not to grow haha. I just had a image in my head of when people create a account it pings a pilice data base and there like oh thats a nice post we will go and check him out haha

7. And good point mate. Anyone putting too much info should know better lol

8. You're being recorded by various agencies anyways, but you're just one of millions. Don't worry.
    Unless you are doing highly illegal shit, no one cares about you.

• Like Like x 3
  9. If TV is to be believed, it's the child predators, poachers, and dealers in the illegal pet trade that have to worry. On that note.. "hey son, you wanna buy a monkey?"

10. I guess anything is possible but it would cost a lot of money and hours to pay peoples wages and to get a warrent to find nothing

11. I haven't seen no drug cartel leader related posts in gc for just over the year I have been a member so I wouldn't think any of us really have to worry. I have posted many pics of plants and Buds on here with no negative results however you could always use a VPN if your that paranoid to make it much more difficult for anyone to track you down from any online banter

sent from my garden

12. lol dont let the weed stink go through your internet pipe. they'll smell it down the line at the isp and thatll give them probable cause to check your browsing history