Any Campers in here ?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Bigpineguy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Anyone love going camping ?

Here's the short version for me :

Started with this:
    [​IMG]

got it for only $900 ...it's a 1996 Dutchmen "The Duck" 801 series...

then was offered this for an even trade:
    [​IMG]

couldn't say No to that deal.... :hello:

Then , only a few weeks later.....Found this at our local RV Dealer for only $1,000

[​IMG]

Now, I am hoping that my luck continues while growing :smoking:

2. Sicks deals, man!

Since moving abroad I've had to start my camping collection over again, but it's growing fast 'cause we do weekend camps fairly often year-round. I'm a tent guy though.

Oztrail Seaview 9+3
    [​IMG]

3. Shit son, there's just something about camping in a tent that can't be beat. I go camping about every other month. My tent, it has been said, resembles Darth Vader's helmet

4. I'm a hammock guy... I'd own a camper if I lived on the road.. But I hardly consider it "camping".. more like "ok guys.. I'm downsizing for the weekend.. I'm not gonna have any cable.. But i'll still have a TV.. Shower.. And flush-able toilet.. and heat or ac if i need it"

5. I tent camped for many years..... I do love the amenities that come with a camper.... I'll be the first to admit ..... and it's nice for week end getaways ....and also when traveling a few states away to visit family....

We get to bring our own bedroom.... ;)

6. Hotdish if you would have hit the nail any more square on the head you would have bent the shank... to me an RV/camper is not camping, its more like a mini motel 6 room. if you need a generator, more then 2-3 lbs of propane (i dont always cook over the campfire) hot running water, and television to "get in touch with nature" you need to look at whats really going on a little closer. Camping imo is about getting in touch with nature, not dragging a house on wheels into the woods and setting up for a weekend... granted im a little biased because i LOVE camping during the spring n summer. we'll set up a big 7-8 man tent up down by the river, break out the dirt bike, 4wheeler, go-kart, cold beer, sticky bud, and the fishing poles. honestly ya dont need much more then that.

7. I don't even use a yent anymore, just a tarp. I don't do the car camping thing with other people around. I like going into the backcountry. Usually get a couple trips in each year.

8. #8 hurb1, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
    I thought nails are pretty impervious to bending when you hit them square on the head? Am i misinterpreting something? Just curious lol
    edit: Oh its probably one of those sarcastic things. Damn aspergers :p

9. [quote name='"samiel"']

Hotdish if you would have hit the nail any more square on the head you would have bent the shank... to me an RV/camper is not camping, its more like a mini motel 6 room. if you need a generator, more then 2-3 lbs of propane (i dont always cook over the campfire) hot running water, and television to "get in touch with nature" you need to look at whats really going on a little closer. Camping imo is about getting in touch with nature, not dragging a house on wheels into the woods and setting up for a weekend... granted im a little biased because i LOVE camping during the spring n summer. we'll set up a big 7-8 man tent up down by the river, break out the dirt bike, 4wheeler, go-kart, cold beer, sticky bud, and the fishing poles. honestly ya dont need much more then that.[/quote]

I agree with both of you... Plus rain doesn't sound as amazing on a camper as it does on a tent.. Aaand when you have a tent you need to be more creative, sexually.. Ever try to have a good sess on an air mattress? Not going to happen, youll need to figure out something better. But with a camper you can have all the same ol' boring bed sex you want- lame! Haha sorry, got off topic here, but camping sex is the best.

10. fuck no campin sucks

11. Hammocks all day every fucking day. Cant beat the feeling of laying in a hammock, toasted off my ass, feeling the breeze and falling asleep.

Just give me 2 relatively close together trees and I'm fucking set. Its cold? Fuck it I'll bring a sleeping bag. Its really cold? My sleeping bag is fucking expensive. Its raining? I have a fucking tarp. Its burning hot? My hammock is cool as hell. There are bugs everywhere? I have a bug net. Lava is falling from the sky? Fuck.

12. Man this makes me want to go camping right now.....I do have the weekend off....

13. I have the next 4 days off.. unfortunately its lows in the 20/30 range and highs in the 40s... my hammock ain't built for cold cold weather

14. your lame, nothings better then going camping with some buddies, chilling under the stars having a good time talking n partying all night long

15. I bet a mummy bag in a hammock would be awesome.

Camping is the shit. Nothing like sitting in the woods staring into the flames of a camp fire.

16. [quote name='"Olesmoky"']Holy shit I need one of those for the winter camping.[/quote]

http://www.tentsile.com/
    All their tents are simply amazing :) my boyfriend and I almost got one but after considering logistics we decided to stay on the ground. We go to too many music festivals where trees arn't a gurantee :)

17. Dang, those are bad ass but way out of my price range for a tent.