Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Boilermakers out there or those who are in the blue collar trade?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Yes_Trump, Sep 25, 2017.

1. I am thinking about going into the blue collar trade after working a year at a warehouse job I am probably about to get soon. I was thinking about Plumbing because they seem more lenient on drug testing, but being a Boilermaker sounds more fun. Though it is a risky job which I understand and will never do my business on the job, but it would be fun to blaze during the weekend and or after work sometimes. I know for sure most will do pre-employment testing, which I am fine with, but how common is random drug testing for Boilermakers, heck even plumbers. Is there any blue-collar trade anyone recommends that doesn't do random drug testing much? Can I find a Boilermaker job that only does pre-employment drug testing and nothing further? Same goes for plumbing.

2. There is a tremendous shortage of labor in the skilled trades. This would be a great move if you are not afraid of hard work. The potential for income is pretty well unlimited right now. The sky is the limit. My youngest son is in his 5th yr of the apprenticeship schooling program through the IBEW. Do your research and talk to workers in the trade before choosing your direction. Most states have training programs to prepare you. Good luck. TWW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I started my apprenticeship at 14. By the time I graduated from high school I was a journeyman level finish carpenter. I'm now 55 years old and have more work than I can handle.

Most skilled trades will drug test pre employment. Once you prove your salt, even if you get hurt on the job employers will make sure you pass a piss test. As The Widow stated above, there is a serious shortage of skilled tradesmen. Employers want to hold on to good tradesmen that know their jobs well.