any blades here know how to dance?

Discussion in 'General' started by Exodus2011, Dec 5, 2011.

1. just curious, i always wanted to learn how to dance but don't have the motivation nor confidence to do it haha

2. i always make sure im trashed when i dance that way i have an excuse for looking silly

and i have an excuse for grabbing random titties.:cool:

3. I did ballet from the age of 3 until I was 17.
    Very difficult, disciplined form of dance.. left me very flexible though.

But hey.. disciplined and flexible.. there's two qualities you won't hear men critique in a woman these days ;) hahahaha

4. oh yea, and ONLY dance to house, dubstep, or trance music

because they are rhythmic, so you can basically jump up and down and still look like you're doing something.

5. would that go under the term "ballroom dancing"? like classy dancing they say?

6. nah, ballroom would be a wee bit different but a lot of the girls in my class taught ballroom dancing :)

This was the last ever dance I learnt before quitting ballet (obviously, not me in the video.. but I was doing the exact same dance/moves):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwqCdJqzlFU&feature=related]Sugar Plum Fairy - YouTube[/ame]

I know some people may think it looks easy, but it's hard as fuck. If you look at her feet, shes going 'on pointe'. On pointe basically means you're standing on your toes. Not just tippy toes.. actual toes. My toes used to bleed a lot. You need years and years of training before they deem you ready to begin going on pointe and getting the special pointe shoes :)

7. i used to do interpretive dance to what my friend played on the guitar

8. haha yea i think ballet is awesome (strong no homo) and i heard it's pretty difficult.

lol the nutcracker song that's a classic

9. it was too much pressure.. us girls had to keep below a certain weight so male dancers could lift us, feet were in constant pain, toes always bleeding.. I loved ballet, but it was getting too hard :laughing:

10. damn that's pretty crazy

11. my friend megan,melissa,and michelle are all sisters and come from a family of ballet dancers....they are INSANE...ive always respected them for that, they perform all around the country and their studio is getting very well known i guess

12. I'm taking jazz class right now and its the first dance class I've ever taken. It would be a lot easier if I took ballet. During our warm ups we do plies in ballet second and it kills because I'm not used to having my feet turned out like that. I have a lot of respect for ballet dancers. That's dedication.

Now OP, what do you mean? Like dance in general or like take dance classes? Because I'm a good dancer naturally, I have rhythm. I can't help but dance if music has a beat. I go into this mexican market by my house just about everyday to get tacos and they usually have mexican music playing and there's been times where I just started dancing and had to tell myself to stop. Lol. Its easy to dance though just rock to the beat. If you can tap your foot or bop your head to it then you can do the same thing with you're body:)

If you're talking about classes, well that's easy too just go to the community college and get in a class, that's what I did and my brother did too.

You just have to get out there not be afraid to make a fool of yourself:D

13. any kind of dance shit, indonesian tribal dance, jerk, salsa, robot, fuck it haha.

14. How do you feel about pole dancing as an Olympic sport?
    I understand there are some that want Pole dancing included.
    Pole dancing: Olympic sport? - Arts Post - The Washington Post

15. I'm pretty into music, but I dance like shit.

16. A 'strong no homo' is completely different to a 'no homo' right? I mean if you say 'no homo' you're clearly more gay than if you say 'strong no homo' right? :rolleyes:

This whole no homo thing is ridiculous. Saying two/three words doesn't make you suddenly heterosexual. Quit being insecure about your sexuality and do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

17. im not really sure if im good at dancing

18. i had this same convo with this dude yesterday...and the truth is its completely out of insecurity and self-consciousness to feel the need to say "no homo" after the dumbest of shit...like reaching to get something...the dude says it every fucking time ive ever seen him eat a hot dog...or popsicle...or watches a certain tv show...even in public restrooms

19. I do a bit of Zumba. I'm the only guy in the class though hahahaha