Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Benefits For Decarbing Kief For Lotions?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jayfoxpox, May 29, 2013.

1. I have some bad eczema and all I can get is a couple grams within a month. I've been collecting kief with my space-case now and I figured that it would be a good idea to dissolve it in olive oil and make a lotion from it. My question is if there would be any benefits for my skin if I decarb it or not.

thanks.

2. Im not as famaliar with topical products. I do know if i had that much kief i would be making dragon and putting it on everything.

3. Ive never heard of how cannabis can help with eczema but i wouldnt be surprised if it could.

Decarb if you want a buzz otherwise it is the same either way.  For eczema you may want to get the cellulose out of the kief, some people react to it like itching powder.  If I was going to go straight to an oil I would mix it up and keep it mixing for a while.  I would then filter with a metal sits on top of a coffee cup coffee filter to get the cellulose away from the medicine.

Hash oil makes more sense to me though that is usually Decarbed unless your making BHO.