Any advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by NYYstateofmind, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ok so for the past couple of months, i have been dieting. pretty hardcore.

the first thing i did was cut out all soda (i only drink water) and fast food.

I do not eat any white bread anymore, i will only eat bread if it is whole wheat, and i NEVER eat any kind of junk food.

in the morning i normally start the day with either a bowl of oatmeal and when i get home from school at 1:30 i'll normally kill a bowl of wheaties. and i will occasionally eat a turkey sandwich.

dinner is up in the air a lot of times, but i do eat as healthy as i can, like if were eating out (which we do at least 2 times a week) i will eat a subway sandwich (i know not necessarily healthy) on wheat bread with chicken terryaki lettuce and tomatoes. or if we get pizza, i cut my intake from 4-5 slices to 2.

every night since saturday i have been running 3 miles on the treadmille, and i plan to continue this.

i just picked up a dumbell and im mildly working out with it, doing pushups with an extra 20 lbs on my back.

im 18 and im 5'9. i now weigh 149 lbs, and i still have some fat on my chest, back and stomach i would like to get off.

i dont no how much i weighed when i started dieting because the scale in my house was broken.

2 girls have complimented me on how i am "so skinny" now (but i dont really feel like im getting that much thinner, but i am feeling better about myself)

i think im doing pretty good but i havent taken a shit in almost 3 days. now all my life i wouldnt take shits on the regular and i guess thats normal for me because i have a slow metabolism (im assuming). but im wondering why im not taking at least a shit a day, and what can i do to start taking at least a shit everyday (if anything),

then only reason why im asking this is because im not sure if i am putting my metabolism in starvation mode or what.

anybody want to comment please?

2. What the fuck? You're 5' 9" 150 and you want to lose weight? Dude. You sound plenty skinny.

And I'm pretty sure you are at your healthiest when you're taking multiple shits a day. Something doesn't add up.

3. Building muscle is the fastest way to lose fat.

You don't need to lose weight, you need to gain muscle.

4. Eat more fiber.
    Frosted wheat cereal
    Baby spinach salads w/ ranch, Parmesan, and almonds sprinkled on top.

I'm 5'9 also @ 120-130 (I shoot back an forth rapidly)
    And I don't exercise, period, and also eat a lot.
    Got a Doc. apt. next tuesday, get myself checked out.
    I always feel like shit regardless of what I do, or lack of.

5. i was really suprised im 150, because i really dont look it. if i looked at myself i would guess 160-165. but i also read about distorted body images. which i could very well have.

also is exlax even healthy to take in my situation?

6. You gotta lift weights man, I'm 5'10" 180 lbs and I only have a small bit of fat.

Trust me, building muscle will give you results way faster than cardio, diet and exlax :)laughing:)

7. i trust you bro, but all i have to lift weights is a 20 lb dumbell (i can add weights to it but i have to buy them, which i would if i had money), and i can workout with my friends if i call them up. but i want to get in better shape before i work out with them, because i would just be holding them up since there stronger than me.

what can i be doing with a 20 lb weight?

any suggestions what to do? and how should i alter my diet? my dad is probably going to pick me up some gnc multivitamins because there pretty cheap, and its better than nothing, which is what im taking now.

i also thought about picking up a protein shake, but i the problem is i dont have that many weights in my house.