Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kudi18, May 6, 2016.

1. Can't give too much advice if you don't give info on what you're working with. From just looking at the picture I dont 'see much, if any perlite in your soil mix...you want good drainage. Have you drilled drainage holes in the bottom of the buckets?

Strain(s)?
    Soil?
    nutes?
    location?
    will you be finishing in those containers?
    how much light do they receive?
    ph?
    how old are they?
    fem or reg?
    budget?

• Like Like x 2
  2. The first 10 biggest are merry crystal, others are just some I happened to be lucky enough to find in a couple buds. Just regular earth grow soil from walmart. Drainage holes In all containers. They receive full sunlight from 7 in the morning until about 6 in the afternoon. Not sure on ph or nutes. Just transplanted them from half gallon pots Sunday along with transplant solution.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. The big ones are about 6 weeks and smaller ones are 4. Location is in southeastern Oklahoma. Will probably leave the ones I the biggest containers in the containers and the smaller ones will be planted along a Creek behind my house.

4. [​IMG]
    Next time don't be so quick to transplant.. I run a 3x3x3 inch cup till the plant is 8 to 12 inches tall and has packed the cup very well so when I invert the cup the plants slips out with not a grain of soil lost and not a root out of place..
    5x5x7 is next and that can grow to 24 inches tall before transplanting.. I screwed up more plants doing early transplants then anything else I fucked up on..
    Tiny plants in big pots can never get dry so they stall and just do nothing much for days and weeks on end while a big plant in a small cup needs watered all the time and is exploding with growth..
    Just my 2 cents after 5 years at this..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did you put drain holes in them 5 gals?

• Like Like x 1
  6. My bad read more lol. I tried to look up that soil(sooooo many bad reviews so careful) it says it has fertilizer in it, not sure how much or really what else. I can say I use General Hydroponics that's for every thing. But not sure if that fertilizer in there is time nutes like MG. Hope it's not as hot but never uses.

I'm not 100% on laws there. You seem to have good size land is smell going to be an issue for you and people around you?

7. It's 100 percent illegal. It shouldn't be. Only neighbors we have live up hill from us

• Like Like x 1
  8. I do not expect all to be female anyways, so once I am able to determine the sex, I will be pulling up the males. So hopefully 3 or 4 will turn out to be some pretty ladies.

9. That's cool just wanted to be sure :) going to be fun. Is this your first time?

10. 2nd time. Grew 4 two years ago on a tree farm and got close to 10 ounces. I was very excited actually lol. I only got to check on them on the weekends after I put them in the ground out there. But now I have my own place and land to do it. So just wanting to do it right.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's cool. Your going to crush that number with them. Best to look at out spider grows I don't know much about out side :(.

12. '

I don't really know much about Merry Crystal besides i think White Russian is a parent...I wouldn't recommend Earthgro products...and as far as I'm concerned they have 3 different soils: potting soil, top soil, and fill dirt. Looks like you either have the top soil or fill dirt...both usually very heavy soils with poor drainage. You'll probably be better off if its top soil...and you could've made it a decent soil with a generous amount of amending. If a little extra $ and labor is not an issue, I would seriously consider digging your plants up while they are young and the roots are still manageable, and get rid of that dirt and get something better suited for growing. If you're not looking to get that serious that's cool too you still may be able to grow some decent plants. The full sunlight is great and it looks like they will have good wind flow so that's good. You'll want to pick up a electronic ph meter or atleast some manual ph test kits. You can find both for cheap. You'll want to try and keep your ph between 6.3-6.8.

13. OK thanks. Gonna have to make a list lol. Where would I go about finding ph testing supplies?

14. Check your local Garden Center/Supply, Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, or Amazon