Any advice on trimming

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Beanosk, Mar 23, 2017.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Could anyone give me some advice on possibly trimming these up please.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You will need a bigger pot. They don't need to be trimmed yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok, Why do you say I will need need a bigger pot there already in 11L which was the size recommended to me for this. I'm a newbie and don't want to risk it all going tits up by having to transplant it after all it's 3 weeks into Veg already.

4. ok, if you want to grow a small plant, then go ahead and start trimming now.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Not really what I was looking for. Oh well!

6. What are they ....autos or photos....if autos they dont like to be messed with

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

7. Ok. They are autos.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Im first time grower but too many people with experience have to told me not to repot and defo not to top them ,apperntly lst is the way to go ,i have autos 21 days old and just today started to lst them....get the canopy nice and even and encourages more even bud growth on the stems[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok sounds good advice but not sure if I could lst them yet as knowing my luck it'd go wrong lol

10. #10 generic98547, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    I personally think you should of used a pot twice that size.... And that's what I'd recommend doing next time around as autos can't be transplanted well.... I would trim it up either..... You don't have the healthiest plant and chopping off its energy source isn't going to fix that even If you chop off all of the yellow leaves lol(your plant looks pretty good just minor problems Im by no means hating).... In my opinion when it's ready to fall off it will fall off... I take about 10 off a week that have shriveled up and all but fell off with a slight breeze... Those are healthy.... If you want to do something tie your plant down and start training it.... Growing a Christmas tree shaped plant won't get you that great of a yield imo.

Anyone can LST....young plants can stretch quiet a ways.... Just get some string or yarn or something and some stakes... Or tape and tape it to the side of the pot.... Just start trying to work on a canopy start with the main stem then as other branches grow gradually tie them down. It by no means has to be perfect a little bit of LST goes a long way.

Special Queen#1
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1432973/

11. Theres plenty of expierened growers to give u advice

12. Ok thanks. What says to you my plants are looking unhealthy? How can I improve them?

13. Cool thanks Ill check out some posts on here and have a ganders on youtube im sure ill be able to have a go.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I agree with this man. I trimmed the top of my plant when it was about your size. Now the plant is very small and wont grow any taller. The top leaves on the plant are curling and wilting, which I'm thinking has to do with me topping the plant too early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Do not repot autos
    . You can cut back the water leaves to allow for better light penitration. But once again do not transplant. .

Sent from my SM-J320P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Thats what you get mostly here. It looks good man. I did two major trims once after month of veg and now about 2 weeks before harvest going from the bottom up cutting small nugs so bigger ones get bigger. it works. i have 2 plants and first grow. Just make a clean cut and above the third node from the bottom. Its oreference really which to trim. i know i will LST next time and thats something you could do now and not trim to way later. start lst'ing. idk exactly how but seems like a minor outpatient procedure haha. looks fine