Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Advice on sleeping?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Delluhsion, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Well i know there were a bunch of threads about this, but they always get trolled and turn into debates.
    So anyway sleep hasen't been a problem since it was the weekend, but i've been staying up all night and falling asleep around 8:00 am(bad lol) and i have to leave for school at 10:30 am. I woke up at 6:00 pm, and im not tired at all. Also i dont have money for sleeping pills/buying anything from the store because my mom thinks im a junkie(cuz i ask her for sleeping pills, while she knows i have sleeping issues)
    What helps you guys fall asleep?
    +rep for any suggestions thanks guys :)

2. a good way to go about it is get as little light as possible few hours before you sleep. At least the last hour before sleep do something 'boring', like READING, stretching etc.

Your body's clock is basically fucked up and used to sleeping late. You basically have to train it to start sleeping early.

3. I'm a mechanic and after working a full day I can't do anything but sleep.

4. Thanks ill try that out. Yeah my sleep patterns been fucked up, ever since i was up all night thursday downing beers with a couple friends.

5. Smoke half a joint or something, get's me sleepy but not so fucked I feel a bit burn out in the morning, I have sleep trouble to and can't always get weed. I just lay there trying to think of nothing, works most of the time, a couple hours before you go to bed, don't do anything that'll work your brain, light reading and listening to music is ok, avoid tv's and computers and especially games consoles also if your gonna wash have a bath instead of a shower cos a shower is invigorating and will refresh you where as a bath will make you sleepy :) Don't have caffeine after 5pm and avoid anything with high sugar content after dinner :) Hope you can get some sleep duude.

6. This.
    I used to think I was an insomniac. Would stay up until the sun came up, did that for a long time. Thinking back on it, I never did shit back then. Smoked, went to school, video games, shit like that was about it.

Now that I have a job where I do manual labor & try to be active in general, I don't have that problem anymore. In fact, I'm usually tired :p. Partially from the copious weed smoking tho..

7. Deep breathing techniques and meditation can be good. Try to set a routine you do before you go to bed. This way after awhile, your body will recognize the routine and know its time for sleep. It could be explained better but thats the concept. Have a routine ready.

8. Thanks, imma log off my comp for now if i cant fall asleep in 2 hours ill be back on
    +rep for both of you guys!

9. Honestly, reading puts me out very quickly. Definitely avoid anything with a screen before bed.

10. I started smoking cause I couldn't sleep

11. Well I just woke up and now i can't go back to sleep. Goddamit bro >.>

12. Don't read, if you read good books you'll be up all night.

Fuck the normal sleep schedule.

I'll stay up all night, go to class (my last one ends at about 4) than sleep till 3 am or so, rinse repeat, or, just stop sleeping period. Adapt the uberman sleep method (6 20 minute naps a day, a total of 2 hours of sleep) and after a week or so of doing it your body will be 100% adapted to it and you'll still be rested and feel good.

Though, if you miss one of those naps, you are FUCKEDDDDDDDDDD

13. I might just stay up all day so i can sleep at a normal time =/

14. this is when bongs are good man :p

just smoke a little bit, avoid sugar and caffeine, don't do anything screen based and maybe have a wank. those all help to sleep.

good luck bro

15. Watch 'Through the Wormhole' with Morgan Freeman - a documentary series about the universe. Some interesting stuff, but with Freeman narrating it usually knocks me unconscious in about 15 minutes. His voice is like a damn lullaby.

Full episodes are on YouTube. Give it a try.

16. Thanks for rep :)