Any Advice On My Rights.(Worst Case Scenario)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by giggagage, Apr 17, 2014.

1. So here's the story. I work at ups as a sorter listening to music on my iPod (happened just today 4/16/14) when a box with straps ripped my headphones off and my iPod fell out of my pocket and went on one of the belts. Now anyone with an iPod will know double pressing home brings up your recently used apps. Now get this I was playing music and had fruit splash in the bg. But as soon as I got it I double clicked and the only app in the switcher was my videos of me hitting my bong. Like it was played halfway through. I've thought long about this and I'm thinking ok even if someone did this they'd have to kill the apps I had running but they forgot to kill the photos app? Doesn't make sense to me at all. In a perfect world a grower/dealer found it watched it and just found a customer. But in reality say a supervisor seen this. They'd have no right going thru my personal property. So they could accuse me of using drugs but there's a lot to prove like how could someone prove it was weed or drugs...then again they just might say hey you have to take a drug test with no warning and no backing out. I'm not too worried about it. The vid they watched was the milkiest hit I ever got outta it 😆👍🔥🌳😤 let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. They'd just drug test you...Easy pickings you would be. :cool:

3. #3 4r5t6y7, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Very stupid scenario to be honest. .  Why would you be using an iPod at work anyway? And if you were, really what are the odds of that happening? A box with straps rips your earphones out and somehow you magically double click the home button and just by chance a video pulls up of you smoking? Cmon now,  that would literally never happen.

4. I don't think you understand. First of all were allowed to use headphones for music but you can't have it in both ears. And idk what you think happened but let me reiterate. A box snagged my cord to the headphones which pulled my iPod outta my pocket and I'm guessing it fell onto one of the belts and coasted till someone found it. What I was saying is someone got it went thru my pics and watched halfway thru that video. That's all I know. Like I said I'm not too worried. There's too much shit to prove on their part. But if they were to say hey we need you to take a drug test. And if I say why I doubt they'll be like someone saw your pictures when u lost ur iPod and they think you were using drugs. Cuz then I'd be able to say idk what you think you seen but I don't do drugs and for someone to go thru my personal property in order to find justice in making me take a drug test. No. Just no. But they wouldn't mention the iPod for their own safety. That sounds like common sense to me if I were in their shoes. My job is so chill btw so don't heat me up about using headphones haha I wouldn't use em if I couldn't.

5. I thought I explained it clearly what happened but I was a bit drunk while posting it last night so I apologize for that. I'm just glad no one chucked a box or something on it and crushed it 😅phew. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397741008.700248.jpg
    Sometimes your section could look like this so maybe now you can understand that getting headphones caught in some straps isn't so farfetched. Thanks for feedback tho much appreciated

6. And those top belts behind me were the ones I was lifting that box onto when it took my headphones away

7. thats the price you kids pay for wanting to take pictures of everything you do.  learn to be low key instead of bragging and things will be much easier on you.

8. You must really like the way you look when you smoke lol

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. dont you have a pass code on it:? that is rule # 1

10. Fuck working for a place like that.
    What I do on my own time isn't fuck all to do with them.
    Well unless I'm a serial killer lol

Hypocrites!" Don't partake in smoking cannabis, or I'll sack you! "But hey it's ok for me to drink a bottle of whiskey the night before, and come in and work machinery.
    Shouldn't be going through your iPod anyway. Rude cunts!

11. worst case scenario they'll drug test you. But if you're a good worker already i doubt they'll care. TBH companies don't care if you're smoking meth in the bathroom, as long as you get the job done.I used to work at a telemarketing place with a bunch of other kids from my high school. On breaks we would walk right outside the building and spark a blunt. Some days we would have to smoke straight outta pipes.    None of us ever got cut cuz we all got results on the phone.

They kicked this mexican dude back to 1 day a week because he just smelled like weed. Wasn't about the drugs, was about the fact that he wasn't getting results. Get results and make them feel like they aren't wasting cash on you.

12. Ah, self ruinage.

Reason i dont take pics of myself doing morally questionable things.

Common sense i guess.

Youd have no leg to stand on. Your rights werent violated, the ipod wasnt in your possession and nobody forced you to take vids of yourself doing morally and legally questionable shit.

Howd you get your ipod back? Did i miss that in your OP?

13. lol, people recording themselves smoking

14. Don't think you should worry about it. But seriously, who takes pics/videos of themselves doing things like this??