Any advice on how to approach a girl...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ViperGTS500, Feb 3, 2009.

1. So I go to college and there are hot girls everywhere lol. Also there are a few in my classes that are hot and i wanna talk to them and try to get their numbers. I'm kinda a shy guy and not good approaching randoms girls. I mean I do look decent and everything. Anybody on here got any advice or help they can give me on what to say to a girl and how to get her number? Thanks!

2. Just be laid back, make her wonder if you're into her or just being nice. Don't go out of your way to impress her or anything, as that will seem obnoxious. Just be yourself and flirt a little. Be interested in them. Get to know them, befriend them, etc. Be compassionate, sensitive, and, most important, honest/authentic.

3. Seriously. Just talk to them. Don't have any hope though. Let it build with each girl. By doing this and tlaking to them some may like you and some may not. But this will teach you how to talk to girls and such. You'll learn from it. I've been in a position similar man. I feel alot of people go through it.

4. Interact lightly, but show no real interest. A "hot" girl has to deal with idiots fawning over her 24/7, so the one guy who makes it clear he has other priorities is going to stand out to her.

5. Find out what dorm she lives in from Facebook. Show up at her dorm on a Wednesday night with a bag of dope and a movie. Tell her you have pizzas on the way and you're about to get blazed and have wild rampant sex all night. It worked when I was a freshman.

6. that's just crazy enough to work.

+rep

7. #7 McMuffinMe, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    I wouldn't approach girls randomly outside of class, because when that happens to me it just makes me think, "Oh, this guy must do this to a lot of girls." So avoid that.

If you see any girls that you think are particularly attractive, you should try to sit next to them, but try and do this toward the beginning of the course because if you sit in the back through out half the course and than just pop up right next to her out of no where she might have an idea of what you're attempting- especially if you're really chatty out of no where too.

If you sit next to a girl you should try and strike up conversation whenever is appropriate. Be yourself, because even if you are fake and win the girl's affection you might find you don't have a lot in common later if she just likes you because you try to be what you think she wants you to be. I think it's best to gauge her interest as you go, and if she consistently doesn't show interest don't waste your time on her anymore, and accept that everyone isn't going to always like us- it's simple, but true for everyone.

Trying too hard can just make her try harder to get you to leave her alone and it could create hurt feelings because she might have to be a little rude to shake you off if you act too persistent (persistence is not romantic like how movies portray it- all people want space sometimes and in reality it can scare a lot of women).

Tactics:
    - If you get to class early there are often a few people already there, and if your girl is one of those early people this can be a great opportunity to start conversation because everyone is just waiting with nothing to do anyway.
    - Pretend to be new to the school and ask how to get to a certain building.
    - Play dumb and ask for help in class- especially math classes- everyone needs help in that.
    - "accidentally" drop your pencil near her desk so she has to get it for you (and don't stare at her cleavage- resist).
    - Ask questions about her interests- if you can find a common interest you can bond over this.
    - Being clean is good. Hygiene is important. You don't need cologne, just make sure you don't offend. If I were to suggest a type of outfit- polo shirt with jeans is always a winner- loose fitting, but not so big it's ridiculous. It looks casual and clean.
    - If you think you look good with stubble don't be afraid to show it off every once in a while. Switch it up. It gives you a diverseness and stubble can bring out a "rugged" quality in your appearance. Just stubble though.
    - See if she is into your sense of humor. Every girl I know ranks humor highly on their list of qualities they look for in a guy. It creates a foundation of friendship too, which makes conversation easier overall.

Don't:
    - Use pick up lines. Most are really stupid.
    - Tell her she's pretty. Women do like to hear it, but saying it right away makes you seem like you're too eager (like you have one thing on your mind), and being subtle is something that is appreciated, especially when you're only acquaintances- it just isn't appropriate yet.
    - Take anything too seriously. For all you know she might be a bitch. Just because you like her doesn't mean she is necessarily special.

8. I usually find that coming late and finding the open seat closest to her works the best. That way it's like the only one left.

9. always approach with ur dick out

10. ay ma, whats up, lets smash, alright....

and wee got it on tonigghhhtttt

11. its tough in college tho.
    i can tell there are girls in some of my classes that are into me. i can tell they are waiting for me to approach or start a convo somehow. (i dont know why girls refuse to approach a guy)
    im not into most of them , but there is one girl in particular
    i just dont know how to first start the conversation. i would have no problem once i break the science and start talking. but the opportunity to strike up a conversation does not come up as much as i would like. it really sucks too when you know a girl likes you and you have nothing to say to them.
    its just really awkward with both of us trying to get small gilmpses of each other from the corner of our eyes without being cought in the process.

12. I don't really say shyt when I talk to a girl, they'll just continue talkin' and I'll crack a smile and be oh yeah!?

Somehow that just workz for me

13. just literally be yourself...just be confident in yourself and let your personality shine through....for me i learned it was alot easier to talk to girls after i quit caring about what they might think of me....and i learned how to do that while high...so maybe you should smoke more

14. weed usually makes you more introceptive and paranoid so thats not a good idea to just pop up stoned. smoking is ok, but if the girl isnt really into it and youre constantly high, its a turn off.

15. lol, worked on what?

I mean unless the girl knew you I forsee a can of mace in the eyes

16. Precisely - if you listen, they're interested in talking to you.

17. doing this the first few sessions of class is important, it's really quite easy, what i love to do is get there early enough to watch people file in and wait until i see a cutie, but not so early that I have to let them choose to come to me. By waiting a little to see where they sit you can go and take a seat. If she's the only one in her row, or it's not a packed class I'll usually sit with 1 seat in between us, and just strike up a convo from there. Numbers aren't hard to get if you can manage to carry on a conversation and not be superawkward.

18. "hey girl, do you like dick?"

19. don't be a dick, don't be a slob. how do you appear? are you unwashed, overweight, awkward? you don't need to be some buff-model but you should look clean.

start small, ask her questions about the class, make little side-comments, basically youre breaking the ice very casually. ask her her name, major, what she's doing in this class etc etc. don't ask all at once tho, learn to pace yourself. do this for a few classes, then move on up if things look good. ask her about her weekend, what she likes to do. if things are good, then ask her to hang with you or invite her to a party. finally, don't be intimidated. girls can smell fear a mile away.

20. Girls usually dont give a crap about what you have to say. Just ask questions and here is the big thing: validate their answers somehow. If you only ask questions youll come off as creepy. Ask a question like: where are you from? then when you get an answer just say something like "thats cool, my cousin lives there" or "I visited there once and went to whatever place" then ask another related question. Like anything its hard to approach girls at first but the more you do it the more youll feel natural. College is great cause if you completely blow it with one chick. there are about 3,000 more to fall back on. Oh yeah, chew gum cause it makes you smile more. Happy hunting my friend.