Any advice for a noob will be great~

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GreenthumbJ, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Hello,

I just set up my first PC grow box and i was looking for some advice on what i can do to improve my prototype and also what i can do different for the next box i construct. The box is a mid tower and i am planning on starting off with one plant using LST technique. The setup is the following:

2 23w CFL light bulbs
    2 12v PC fans (exhaust on top and intake on the bottom)
    Lights hooked up with a power strip~
    Sealed box lined with Mylar(sp)?

Will the 2 23w CFL's be enough light for the box? Also the temp in the box reaches to about 88F with lights on.

PS. Sorry for the bad rotation pics~

Attached Files:

2. Looks great for a first time box build man! 2 23 watts will suffice for one plant. 2 fans is good enough for that box and the mylar looks good. Like you said, LST'ing (Or as I call it "Low Space Training") is a great idea for that space. You plan on using any nutrients? Are the lights placed on the side of the box? I couldnt really tell if the pics were sideways or not. I would recommend the lights on the side. After you finish this grow, I recommend building a slightly bigger box out of plywood, and you can still use all of the things for that box that you're using in your PC box now. Everything else looks good. Have fun and GoodLuck on your first grow!

3. ay go to walmart and get a 55watt cfl. they are like 12$ and produce low heat, especially if there is air movement from pc fans, also since its a small box you can rig it so the bulb is horizontal and above the plant. this will give you A. more vertical grow room B. enough light to get you to flowering. looks good though, but tight spae needs as much air circulation and venting as possible. peace man

4. Try getting more light if you want to produce good buds. Need them to surround the plant. Oh and if you move that thermometer away from the lights more i think you'll get a more accurate read.

5. Awesome, thank you for the advice~ i am already rigging up a new box that is larger. I figure I can use small box for grow start after germination and move it to bigger box once it out grows my first box. Would it be a good idea to plant clones in smaller box after moving into new big box?